IB Diploma Programme Open Evening
Date: Wednesday 24th January 2018
Location: The British International School, Abu Dhabi (Behind Abu Dhabi University)
Hosted by our Head of Secondary Mr Brian Irving and Head of Senior School Mr Andrew Kenning, the International Baccalaureate (IB) Open Evening will aim to explain the IB Diploma Programme being offered in Year 12 and Year 13, including:
- the advantages of the program,
- University entrance with an IB qualification,
- how to support your child in moving into the IB,
- what should be expected from this course.
Students studying the IB this year will be present to answer questions about their experience.
Register your IB Open Evening attendance on the form at the bottom of this page.
What is an IB Education?
The British International School Abu Dhabi offers the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme in Years 12 and 13, and scholarships are available.
The IB Diploma Programme is widely regarded as the world’s premier post-16 qualification, offering students a wide range of subjects and opportunities to develop their social and leadership skills. It is recognised and respected by the world’s leading universities. In fact, evidence suggests that higher rates of (IB) Diploma Programme students go on to university and higher education study than non-IB students.
The IB Diploma Programme was established in 1968 to provide a challenging and comprehensive education that would enable students to understand and manage the complexities of our world and provide them with the skills and attitudes for taking responsible action for the future. Such an education was rooted in the belief that people who are equipped to make a better and more peaceful world require an education that crosses disciplinary, cultural, national and geographical boundaries.
The aim of the IBDP is to develop internationally minded people who, recognising their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet help to create a better and more peaceful world.
Part of the Nord Anglia Education Global Campus
The British International School Abu Dhabi school is a vibrant, exciting learning community offering an outstanding education for students aged 3 – 18 years, and is part of the Nord Anglia Education global campus of 54 schools worldwide.
- a friendly community: a school where teachers, parents and students take pride in welcoming new families and in contributing to a caring and respectful community.
- high academic challenge: each individual student will be challenged and will excel, guided by highly qualified and experienced teachers.
- amazing opportunities: from every day activities to once-in-a- lifetime experiences such as our Global Orchestra in New York or Service expeditions to Tanzania.
Register your IB Open Evening attendance below.