As per the published calendar, school will reopen for the start of next term on Sunday, 30th August. The following is a brief summary of recent guidance from ADEK and applies to all schools:
- Anyone who has travelled overseas will need to complete 14 days quarantine before returning to school
- All staff and students must declare recent travel history
- All staff and students must undergo COVID-19 testing prior to being permitted to return; we understand that a process for this will be advised by the authorities
- All staff, parents and students with devices are required to download the AL HOSN app to facilitate contact tracing, should this be required
- Masks are to be worn by all staff and by all students aged 6 and above
- Temperature screening will be in place at all entrances
- Hand sanitisers will be in place at all entry points and in all classrooms
- Social distancing measures will be in place in classrooms and around the school.
We are encouraged by the sensible approach taken by ADEK and other authorities from the guidance that has been provided so far. Along with our own internal measures, we are confident that the school environment will be as safe as possible in the current circumstances.
We will continue to write to you in the coming weeks to explain specific changes in more detail.