Following on from what was a very ‘sport driven’ week at NAISAK and across the country, we would like to remind you of the importance of sending your child into school with a healthy, balanced lunchbox.
At NAISAK, we believe that following a nutritious diet is an important step in preparing students for academic success by positively affecting their behaviour for learning and cognitive skills. Therefore, NAISAK promotes healthy eating through its Healthy Eating Policy which has been developed to benefit all students.
Here are some of the key points from the policy:
- Each student is to bring a water bottle that is labelled with their name to school daily to use throughout the school day. Students may leave this bottle in their class overnight if they wish and can refill from free filtered water throughout the day.
- Pure Fruit Juice and Milk are allowed but carbonated drinks, sodas, and energy drinks are not.
- Students should bring a healthy balanced lunch/snack with appropriate serving size portions for their age group daily, which should contain some fruits and/or vegetables.
- Students are not allowed to bring chocolate bars, any type of candy/lollies/jellies.
- Students are not allowed to bring in any ‘fast food’ such as burgers, fried chicken or chips.
- If students have an extra-curricular activity (ECA) after school they may bring an additional small healthy snack to eat before it commences if they wish.
For more information, please take some time to read the following: