● Provide technical support for School hardware: e.g. Desktop PC, laptops, printers, LCD projectors, Apple TV’s, iPads and SMART boards.
● Setup and configure hardware and install/update software on school computers.
● Troubleshoot network and Wi-Fi problems – liaising with NAE technical support team for solution of complex issues.
● Advise and contribute to plans for development of hardware, software and Wi-Fi provision to support learning and growth in use of computers/devices and internet.
● Track all user requests, providing appropriate feedback, and all work carried out.
● Maintain a Hardware and Software inventory.
● Create and Reimage (Ghost) new and existing desktops and laptops.
● Provide end-user support to all staff.
● Maintain printer supplies (toner) and able to replace toner and fix jams.
● Provide support for the Merlin Phone system, and the electronic door lock/unlock system.
● Setup sound system & IT equipment for Special Events.
● Perform any other related duties as assigned by members of Senior Leadership Team or the Head of ICT & e-Learning.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
Essential Knowledge, Skills , Experience, Qualifications
● Basic knowledge of Routers, Switches and Controls along with a basic understanding of Firewalls.
● Experience with Laptop and Desktop hardware in a support capacity.
● Minimum of two years working in a Help Desk role delivering technical support.
● Experience with Windows 7, MS Office/Outlook 2010.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Qualifications
● A degree in computer science or related field, or relevant technical certification.
● Experience in computer and network support or any combination of education and experience that would provide the noted knowledge, skills, and abilities.
● Extensive related experience in the field may substitute for college degree, especially if within the context of an educational establishment.
● A working knowledge of WIN 7; Mac OS X, Microsoft Server 2008, Active Directory Tools, Ethernet switched wired and wireless networks, TCIP/IP address and routing.
● Possess excellent communication, customer service and technical professional skills.
● Knowledge and experience of AV Equipment.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Duties are performed in the Technology Support Specialist office, though may be carried out in an alternative room as appropriate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to various lighting conditions, dust and pollen, electrical shock.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb; bend; stoop; kneel; twist/turn; push/pull and lift equipment up to fifty (50) pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Duties are normally performed in an office/classroom environment.
The British International School of Boston reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.
Supervised by: Head of ICT & e-Learning
To apply, please e-mail cover letter and resume toHead of ICT and e-Learning Peter Napthine.