Nord Anglia Education is offering an exciting opportunity for students from Year 5 upwards to participate in a music summer school to be held in New York City. This opportunity is open to students from the British International School of Boston, a Boston private school.
The Global Orchestra will give students the chance to play alongside other musicians from across the globe and participate in workshops led by some of the foremost music practitioners in the world.
The Global Orchestra summer school will take place from 24 June – 1 July 2015. Students will travel from their schools to New York and participate in a full and exciting program of rehearsals and workshops which will be predominately hosted in our school in New York, along with opportunities to explore and experience the vibrant culture of the city.
During the week, our young musicians will also have the privilege of visiting the world-renowned Juilliard School and learning from Juilliard teaching artists in a day of inspiring workshops. The summer school will culminate in a final performance on Tuesday 30 June 2015.
British International School of Boston students will take part in school auditions next Wednesday, March 11. Students were required to sign up for auditions by March 3 and will receive their audition slot this week.
Up to five BISB students will be submitted to the Global Auditions, completing an application form and submitting a video audition. Eligible students must be:
- available to attend the full summer program in New York
- instrumentalists or vocalists of a high standard
- confident to travel to New York as ambassadors for their school
- responsible members of their school community
- able to respond and adapt to feedback
- able to collaborate with other students and adults
- respectful of the different people they meet and the environments they encounter
- able to demonstrate their commitment to the event through meeting deadlines and fulfilling rehearsal requirements
- enrolled in a Nord Anglia Education school for the 2015-2016 academic year (except eligible students currently in Year 13)
We are delighted to announce that the main costs of this event will be funded by Nord Anglia Education.
We look forward to continuing to share updates on this exciting new opportunity from our global family of the world's leading premium international schools. If you have any questions about this fantastic music education opportunity, please contact Head of Music Emily Gillander.