Our varied and exciting clubs program enhances learning outside of the classroom environment. The offerings help students build skills, explore new interests, and promote self-motivation and problem-solving.
A variety of clubs take place before and after school on the school campus and at organizations nearby. Club registration occurs before the start of each term. We use an online platform called CHQ to facilitate registration.
Many clubs are designed and led by our very own staff members. Our innovative teachers plan activities based on student needs and interests. Typically, these clubs are offered at little to no cost. We are also proud to offer clubs in collaboration with leading organizations across Chicago that bring specialized knowledge in a range of areas.
Following are highlights of our club offerings.
- Team Sports: Basketball, Rugby, Soccer, Sailing
- Individual Sports: Fencing, Skiing, Table Tennis, Taekwondo, Tumbling, Yoga
- Fitness: Crossfit, Multisport, Cross Country
- Dance: Ballet, Tap
- Competitive Teams: Basketball, Soccer, Cheerleading, Dance
- Choir: Our whole school choir, nearly 50 students strong, performs at school and community events. The repertoire is varied and includes Glee-style musical numbers, classical works in different languages, Disney songs, jazz numbers, and many more.
- Orchestra: The school orchestra is comprised of talented instrumentalists who perform all year at various events. The repertoire has included “The Four Seasons” by Vivaldi, “The Planet Suite” by Holst, “The Carnival of the Animals” by Saint-Saens, and “Viva La Viva” by Coldplay.
- Recitals: Recitals celebrate students’ musical achievements. They are held every half-term and feature children who have prepared an instrumental piece to a performance standard. Recitals are open to all ages and instruments.
- Instrumental Clubs: There are many clubs and rehearsal sessions for a variety of instruments ranging from percussion to mixed woodwind and strings.
Studio 814 School of Performing Arts: This fine arts enrichment program offers students of every age an opportunity to grow as performing artists. We provide programs in music, dance, and drama, from individualized private lessons to group classes and performance opportunities. Our music students can also sit the ABRSM exams, which strengthen musical skills by setting benchmarks and celebrating various levels of achievement.