NORD ANGLIA EDUCATION FAST FACTS
About Nord Anglia Education
Nord Anglia Education (NAE) is the world’s leading premium schools organization, with campuses located across dozens of countries in the Americas, Europe, China, Southeast Asia, India, and the Middle East. Together, our schools educate tens of thousands of students from kindergarten through to the end of secondary school. We are driven by one unifying philosophy: we are ambitious for our schools, students, teachers, staff, and communities, and we inspire every child who attends an NAE school to achieve more than they ever imagined possible.
Every parent wants the best for their child — so do we. NAE schools deliver high-quality, transformational education and ensure excellent academic outcomes by going beyond traditional learning. Our global scale enables us to recruit and retain world-leading teachers and to offer unforgettable experiences through global and regional events, while our engaging learning environments ensure all of our students love coming to school.
Founded in 1972 in the United Kingdom, the name Nord Anglia reflects the company’s beginnings in the north of England. NAE initially offered learning services such as English-as-a-foreign-language classes and grew during the 1980s by opening full-scale nurseries and kindergartens. In 1992, NAE opened its first international school, the British School of Warsaw. In the 2000s, the company began a strategic focus on premium international schools, with rapid growth in Asia, the Americas, China, and across Europe and the Middle East. A truly international organization, NAE now operates premium international schools worldwide. In July 2019, the company relocated its headquarters from Hong Kong to London, enabling even stronger growth in the future.
For more information, please visit www.nordangliaeducation.com.
- Our global family of schools includes:
- 73 premium schools in 30 countries
- More than 67,000 students
- More than 13,000 teachers and support staff globally
- The total capacity of more than 93,400 school places
- The internationally respected curricula taught in our schools include:
- Our schools educate students from pre-school to the end of secondary education (exact ages vary by school.
We are united by our philosophy, to be ambitious for our students, our people, and our family of schools. We believe: there is no limit to what every student can achieve; learning should be personalized to each child, and unique global opportunities enhance every student’s learning experience.
We believe that being part of our family gives our schools a special advantage. Working together, we can achieve more than we can individually. Our schools have access to a wide range of resources and support to enhance their success. We also create unique opportunities to benefit our students and people, such as Global Campus, Nord Anglia University, and our collaborations with The Juilliard School, MIT, UNICEF, and King’s College London.
Global academic results for the 2018/19 academic year
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP)
- This year’s average diploma score across NAE was 10 percent higher than the global average.
- Our group-wide average IB diploma score was 33 points out of 45, surpassing the 2018 average of 30.
- 34 NAE schools offered the IB diploma this year, with 1269 students sitting the exam.
- More than 130 students across the family of schools achieved more than 40 points out of 45.
- We also had four students achieve the perfect score of 45.
International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
- 50.1 percent of grades at the equivalent of A*/A (grades 7-9 in the new GCSE framework), compared to 20.6 percent of students across the UK achieving the same results.
- 39 percent of grades at A*/A, well above the global average of 25.2 percent.
- 63.8 percent of grades were A*/B for the year, also well above the global average of 51.1 percent.
- 100 per cent pass rate for the second year running from all three NAE schools offering this qualification: Collège Alpin Beau Soleil, Collège Champittet, Pully and Collège du Léman
- 32 percent of students receiving “mentions très bien” for their diploma.
Highlights of our 2019 Parent Survey
Responses surveyed from more than 18,130 Nord Anglia Education parents in 55 NAE schools and in 22 languages.
- 94% of surveyed parents say their child is happy at school.
- 95% say their child feels safe at school.
- 91% say their child is developing independence at school.
- 91% say their child receives a quality education from the school.
- 92% say their child has a good relationship with their teachers.
- 98% of surveyed parents say their first contact with the school was positive and welcoming.
- 95% say they have been accepted into a warm and welcoming community.
- 93% say the school keeps me informed about general school updates.
- 92% say the admissions process was well organised.
- 91% say the school provides a stimulating learning environment.
- 91% say the school lives up to my expectations so far.