Highest Quality Learning
Nord Anglia Education (NAE) is the world’s leading premium schools organization, with campuses located across dozens of countries in the Americas, Europe, China, Southeast Asia, India and the Middle East. Together, our schools educate tens of thousands of students from kindergarten through to the end of secondary school. We are driven by one unifying philosophy: we are ambitious for our schools, students, teachers, staff and communities, and we inspire every child who attends an NAE school to achieve more than they ever imagined possible.
Every parent wants the best for their child — so do we. NAE schools deliver high quality, transformational education and ensure excellent academic outcomes by going beyond traditional learning. Our global scale enables us to recruit and retain world-leading teachers and to offer unforgettable experiences through global and regional events, while our engaging learning environments ensure all of our students love coming to school.
Founded in 1972 in the United Kingdom, the name Nord Anglia reflects the company’s beginnings in the north of England. NAE initially offered learning services such as English-as-a-foreign-language classes and grew during the 1980s by opening full-scale nurseries and kindergartens. In 1992, NAE opened its first international school, the British School of Warsaw. In the 2000s, the company began a strategic focus on premium international schools, with rapid growth in Asia, the Americas, China and across Europe and the Middle East. A truly international organisation, NAE now operates premium international schools worldwide. In July 2019, the company relocated its headquarters from Hong Kong to London, enabling even stronger growth in the future.
Partner Schools around the World
As a global family of international schools, Nord Anglia Education offers children opportunities to partner with students and teachers from schools around the world. Your family will become part of a community that includes more than 64,000 students in the Americas, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Direct ties to other cultures and experiences give the Nord Anglia Education family a supportive, diverse connection with the world.
The Global Classroom
Our Global Classroom initiative provides your child with a unique opportunity to meet and collaborate with students from around the world. Through virtual learning and interaction, your child will learn to respect and understand different cultures, work as part of a team and develop leadership skills. The program includes online learning space, in-school challenges and the chance to participate in international expeditions.
Nord Anglia University
Nord Anglia University encourages our teaching staff to work with their international peers, learning from each other and from a network of global experts. The program gives them the chance to access a global network of education professionals, allowing them to share methods, learn about the latest thinking and develop innovative new approaches to teaching. We offer access to teacher-training conferences, online discussion forums, workshops, and insights into the approaches of some of the world's most renowned experts.
Great teachers, committed students and an emphasis on hard work have delivered world-class results at every level across our family of 66 schools. Our schools continue their remarkable academic track record with results that significantly outperform schools around the world.
Global academic results for the 2018/19 academic year
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP)
- This year’s average diploma score across NAE was 10 per cent higher than the global average.
- Our groupwide average IB diploma score was 33 points out of 45, surpassing the 2018 average of 30.
- 34 NAE schools offered the IB diploma this year, with 1269 students sitting the exam.
- More than 130 students across the family of schools achieved more than 40 points out of 45.
- We also had four students achieve the perfect score of 45.
International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
- 50.1 per cent of grades at the equivalent of A*/A (grades 7-9 in the new GCSE framework), compared to 20.6 per cent of students across the UK achieving the same results.
- 39 per cent of grades at A*/A, well above the global average of 25.2 per cent.
- 63.8 per cent of grades were A*/B for the year, also well above the global average of 51.1 per cent.
- 100 per cent pass rate for the second year running from all three NAE schools offering this qualification: Collège Alpin Beau Soleil, Collège Champittet, Pully and Collège du Léman
- 32 per cent of students receiving “mentions très bien” for their diploma.
- More than 13,000 teachers and support staff globally
- Total capacity of more than 93,400 school places
Highlights of our 2019 Parent Survey
Responses surveyed from more than 18,130 Nord Anglia Education parents in 55 NAE schools and in 22 languages.
- 94% of surveyed parents say their child is happy at school.
- 95% say their child feels safe at school.
- 91% say their child is developing independence at school.
- 91% say their child receives a quality education from the school.
- 92% say their child has a good relationship with their teachers.
- 98% of surveyed parents say their first contact with the school was positive and welcoming.
- 95% say they have been accepted into a warm and welcoming community.
- 93% say the school keeps me informed about general school updates.
- 92% say the admissions process was well organised.
- 91% say the school provides a stimulating learning environment.
- 91% say the school lives up to my expectations so far.