On January 31 the British School of Chicago hosted its first Science Olympiad invitational for six Chicago area schools. The invitational was comprised of 15 of the 20 events that will be held during the official Science Olympiad competition in March and was intended to help students practice and prepare for that event.
Students from BSC, Latin, Gwendolyn Brooks Middle School, Visitation Catholic School and Springman Middle School gathered at the school on a Saturday morning and eight teams - including two from BSC - worked hard on their events throughout the day.
The Bulldogs team came in second overall and collected an impressive amount of medals:
The medals are as follows:
- Rojaun, Laken and Rachel: 1st place – Bridges
- Anna and Aoife: 1st place - Anatomy and Physiology
- Fay-ling and Lucy: 1st place - Bio-process Lab
- Aysu, Fay-ling and Lucy: 1st place - Picture This
- Nicholas and Matthew: 2nd place – Solar System
- Laken and Rojaun: 2nd place – Meteorology
- Santiago and Anna: 3rd place – Can’t Judge a Powder
- Casey and Ben: 3rd place – Wheeled Vehicle
These students also got very close:
- Rojaun and Laken: 4th place – Disease Detectives
- Adam: 4th place – Robocross
- Fay-ling and Aysu: 4th place – Simple Machines
- Adam, Matthew and Nicholas: 4th place – Picture This
- Adam and Matthew: 4th place – Write it, Do it.
There are just six weeks to the regional competition - please continue to encourage and support the students in the run up to March 21!