Students Achieve Outstanding Results in Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) Exams
This week, students in the secondary school received the results of their ABRSM exams.
The British Music School of Chicago offers music classes for various instruments and progressive assessment through rigorous ABRSM exams. Students in Grades 1-8 can sit for these exams, which count towards university credit in the UK and are externally assessed.
We are pleased to share that BISC students did exceptionally well and were recognized for their impressive overall standard of performance. Well done to all who participated!
The South Loop campus will hold an information session for parents about our music program in September.
Sixteen Students Recognized in Global Performance Competition
The BISC Music Department is incredibly proud to announce that a panel of professional musicians honored 16 secondary students in a global performance competition among Nord Anglia Education’s family of 35 schools.
The competition, called “Open Mic 2015,” took place over the past academic year and invited students from around the world to master a musical piece and submit a recording of their performance. Students were also required to submit a short paragraph about why they chose the piece.
We are so proud of all of our participants and the winners below. For excerpts from the judges’ assessments of the performers, click here. You can also watch a video showcase of the advanced and intermediate winners here and here, respectively.
- Simon Cohen: Advanced Section, Highly Commended
- Aubrey Hopper, Franklin Lurie and Cole Warner: Intermediate Group, Winner
- Ethan Brewer, Nicholas Hurst, Fay-Ling Laures, Adam Neale, Varun Sadasivam, Ariel Schechter, Aysu Tziahanas and Ariana Wilson: Intermediate Group, Highly Commended
- Bella Berman: Intermediate Solo Instrumental, Winner
- Sasha Doytcheva: Intermediate Solo Instrumental, Highly Commended
- Jasmine Liss: Intermediate Solo Instrumental, Winner
- Stella Ribaudo: Intermediate Solo Vocal, Winner
- Laken Schiefelbein: Intermediate Solo Vocal, Winner