UKMT Intermediate Math Contest
Students in Years 9-11 recently took part in the UK Mathematics Trust (UKMT) Intermediate Math Contest during Math lessons. Each year, thousands of students around the globe compete in the contest, which tasks them with answering 25 complex multiple-choice questions in just one hour. The top 40% of scorers receive a Gold, Silver or Bronze Certificate.
- 25 students earned a certificate!
- Gold: Oliver, Emre and Adam
- Silver: Michael, Christina, Vanya, Sidharth, Bella, Dayton and Fay-Ling
- Bronze: Jackie, Megan, Rafael, Nika, Rojaun, Jason, Marissa, Ramman, Michaela, Cole, Drew, Alex, Varun, Sabrina and Sumair
- Emre was among the top-500 scorers worldwide, qualifying for the Hamilton Olympiad on March 16.
- Oliver and Adam were among the top-5,500 scorers worldwide, qualifying for the Kangaroo Competition on March 16.
Emre in Year 10 has become the first student in school history to qualify for the American Invitational Mathematics Examination (AIME)! This is an incredible achievement, as only the top 2.5% of scorers qualify. AIME participants must answer 15 questions in three hours – without a calculator! We wish Emre luck as he competes on March 7.
ICTM Math Contest
Congratulations to the High School Math Team! The students won first place at the Illinois Council of Teachers of Mathematics (ICTM) Regional Math Contest and qualified for the State Contest in May. The annual ICTM High School Math Contest recognizes outstanding achievement through academic competition. It features complex problems spanning topics like algebra, geometry and calculus.
- 1st Place Individual: Emre
- 2nd Place Individual: Oliver
- 3rd Place Individual: Megan
- 1st Place Team
- 1st Place Individual: Christina and Jackie
- 3rd Place Individual: Vishwam
- 1st Place: Emre and Vanya
- 1st Place: Emre, Megan, Cynthia, Oliver, Jackie
Our Middle School students placed second in the MATHCOUNTS Illinois Chapter Competition! They competed in four rounds over three hours that focused on speed and accuracy, problem-solving, mathematical reasoning and collaboration. Congratulations to Josh, Fay-Ling, Devon and Dominic. Well done also to our individual competitors: Adam, Chris, Georgia, Lucas, Julian and Varun.