2021 IB Diploma Results Highlights
British International School of Chicago, South Loop 2021
Our 2021 IBDP results showcase a number of impressive statistics for this cohort, both on an individual level and collectively:
- Our students’ average score in the IB Diploma was 37, the school’s best ever results and 12% higher than the 2021 world average.
- 40% of BISC-SL students achieved 40 points or more, a result achieved by just 18% of IBDP graduates worldwide this year. This level of attainment provides British International School of Chicago, South Loop students with the opportunity to gain admission into elite universities across the globe and, along with our outstanding overall pass rate, demonstrates that British International School of Chicago, South Loop supports every student in achieving exceptional academic standards irrespective of their starting point.
- 2 students, Rebecca C and Anirudh K received a perfect score of 45. The most ever in British International School of Chicago, South Loop history.
- 100% pass rate, compared to the world average of 89% in 2021.
- Average Subject Grade: 5.8
- Pass rate: 100%
- Average Point Score: 37
- Average Subject Grade: 5.8
- Percentage scoring 40+ Points: 40%
- Perfect Scores of 45: 7%
WORLD AVERAGES 2021
- Average Point Score: 33
- Percentage scoring 40+ Points: 18%
- Perfect Scores of 45: (no 2021 data yet but historically less than 1%)
- Pass rate: 89%
- Average Subject Grade: 5.2
“We are absolutely delighted by the performance of our Class of 2021 in their International Baccalaureate (IB) examinations. To achieve such an impressive set of results in any circumstances would be impressive, but to do it during a global pandemic speaks volumes about the tenacity, determination, effort, and energy of both our students and their teachers. Throughout the last two years faculty have worked in partnership with students and their parents, and so the successes we see today really have been a team effort.
The IB is seen as the “gold standard” academic qualification for 18 year-olds across the globe and is studied at most of the top international private schools, so our performance against world averages must not be taken lightly (especially when you consider that we cater to students of all abilities through our differentiated program). We value the successes of those students scoring 24 points (the minimum passing score for the IB) as much as those who score highly (and we had nearly half of our cohort achieve a score of 40 or more points this year) but I do want to pay tribute to Rebecca and Anirudh, as achieving a perfect score of 45 is a very rare event in the IB.
Of course, a good IB score is only part of what we can offer here as BISC-SL and I know that our Seniors will head off to their colleges and universities of choice with a set of life skills and experiences that will stand them in good stead for college life and set them apart from their peers.
Congratulations and good luck Class of 2021, you will be missed!”
About the IB Diploma Programme
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) is a two-year pre-university course for students aged 16-18. It is one of the most highly regarded qualifications, offering students access to some of the world’s leading universities. This academically rigorous programme favours an international approach so that students are educated to become responsible global citizens with the theoretical and practical knowledge to thrive in whichever career path they choose. More than 170,000 students across the world received their International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme (DP), and Career-related Programme (CP) results from the May 2021 examination session on July 6, 2021.