The school community raised over $56,000 for our philanthropic partners.
Science, technology, engineering, and maths:
- 1st and 2nd Place finishes in the Illinois Math League
- 1st Place in Illinois ICTM Regional Contest
- MATHCOUNTS Middle School team placed second in the Illinois Chapter Competition.
- In the Primary School Science Olympiad Team, BISC-SL obtained 2 gold medals, 4 silver medals, and 2 bronze medals.
- The Secondary School Science Olympiad Team won 15 medals at the Regional Tournament
- Our Year 3 - 5 students participated in the LEGO League Jr.
Arts and humanities:
- Two students won the Global Campus Creative Writing Anthology Challenge.
- Two student winners of the Global Campus Visual Arts competition.
- Six students represented BISC-SL at the Model UN with one student winning the best delegate.
- The High School Debate Team made it to the Illinois State Debate Championship.
- Girls High School volleyball varsity - LSAL Champions
- Girls High School volleyball JV- LSAL Champions
- Girls Middle School volleyball varsity- CAMS 2nd place
- Girls Middle School volleyball JV- CAMS 3rd place
- Girls High School- LSAL Champions
- Girls Middle School varsity- CAMS 2nd place
- Girls JV Middle School- CAMS champions
- Boys Varsity Middle School- CAMS 3rd place
- Boys High School- LSAL Champions
- Boys Varsity Middle School- CAMS 2nd place
- Three 2020 graduates went on to play Division I sports – Rowing, tennis, and soccer.
- The Class of 2020 achieved an average ACT score that exceeds CPS, Selective Enrollment Schools, Illinois, and the United States.
Chicago, South Loop Exam Results 2020
The IGCSE culminates with comprehensive exams at the end of Year 11 (Grade 10). Honors exams are assessed by boards in England, and students’ attainment may earn IGCSE Certificates for individual subjects. College Prep exams are marked internally. Exams are graded on an eight-point scale from A* (top achievement) to G (lowest achievement).
Mike Henderson, Principal: “I am especially proud of our students today as we look at the incredible successes achieved in our IGCSE results. Our students have again achieved standout scores. Alongside our students’ hard work and commitment, our teachers and staff have played a vital role in today’s results and deserve our heartfelt thanks and recognition.”
Of the 61 students in Year 11:
- 98.2% of students gained at least 5 IGCSE's at the highest grades (A*- C)
- Although IGCSE grades can range from A*, A, B, C, D, F, G or U, 67.5% of the grades BISC students achieved were either A* or A grades
(Our students sit IGCSE exams written by two exam boards, Cambridge and Edexcel. Edexcel report results using a 1-9 scale. We have converted these results to equivalent grades for comparison purposes).
The IB concludes with comprehensive exams, assessed internally and externally, at the end of Year 13 (Grade 12). Successful completion results in the IB Diploma and IB Certificates. Students may earn college credit for their scores. To earn the IB Diploma, students must meet subject requirements and score at least 24 out of 45 points on subject and core exams.
For Class of 2020, British International School of Chicago, South Loop achieved a pass rate of 100%. The average score was 33.3, significantly higher than the IBDP global average of 29.9, widening the gap between the school and other IB schools around the world. This result also showcases the difference that Nord Anglia Education schools bring to students’ academic results.
We are delighted to announce that 13.5% of students from our school achieved 40 points and above. This is the level of attainment required to gain admission to the world's elite universities, such as Cambridge, Oxford, Harvard, Columbia, and Stanford.
“Year after year, I am so proud of our Nord Anglia students who — through their dedication — achieve results that exceed global averages for the IB Diploma,” said Andy Puttock, Group Education Director, Nord Anglia Education.