Admissions for 2020/21 Academic Year
We understand that your relocation may not coincide with the start of the school year or the beginning of a term. Subject to the availability of places and permission from the Ministry of Education and Higher Education, we accept admissions throughout the year.
Transferring between schools in Doha
Students transferring from a school within Doha may transfer up until the end of March of the academic year. Any applications made after this date will require advanced approval from the Ministry of Education. Our Admissions Team will be happy to assist you throughout this process.
We understand that your relocation or the timing for changing schools for your child may not coincide with the start of the school year or the beginning of a term. We accept admissions throughout the year and, subject to the availability of places and permission from the Ministry of Education (Office of Private Schools) for applications made after 15 October, we are happy to welcome new students at any time of the school year.
Compass International School Doha educates students ages 3 to 19 across our four campuses.
If your company operates under our guaranteed places scheme (please check with your Human Resources office) then please submit the application in the usual manner.
Here is an outline the process that we follow for all new school admissions alongside our school Admissions Policy. Please feel free to ask us questions at any time during the process.
Criteria for Entry:
Whilst we offer an open admissions policy, we do test all applicants. From Year 4 upwards, all students are required to complete an entrance assessment to ensure that we can meet your child's individual learning requirements. Tests are online and can be administered at Compass International School Doha or, if more convenient, at your child's current school. If your child is to be tested at their current school, we will require your current school's approval and confirmation that they are willing to invigilate the tests under examination conditions. An in-class assessment is also done at the end of the online test.
For applications for Year 1 to Year 3 the decision to offer a place will be based upon satisfactory school reports and children will be assessed by our academic staff. However, the Head of Primary reserves the right to request your child to sit the school's entrance examination.
Your child will be allocated to a class according to his/her date of birth. In accordance with the Ministry of Education regulations, child are required to be admitted to the Year Group for which they are age appropriate. To enter any Year Group your child must have satisfactorily completed the full previous equivalent academic year and you are required to submit school reports or certificates to this effect.
How to Apply:
Once you have decided that Compass International School Doha is the right choice for your child, the next step is to submit an Application Form to us.
Application Forms can be collected from one of the school Admissions Offices or can be downloaded by clicking on the link below.
Please submit your completed application form with the following documents:
- A copy of your Qatari ID (for Qatari students and parents).
- A copy of your passport (child and parents) showing the page with the photograph.
- A copy of a valid Residency Permit (for all non-Qatari children and parents). We are happy to start the application process whilst your child's RP is in process, but the law in Qatar states that your child will not be able to start school without a valid RP number.
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate.
- 2 recent passport sized photographs of your child.
- Your child's vaccination card.
- Your child’s last two End of Year reports for entry to Year 2 upwards. Please note it is a Ministry of Education requirement that these reports are attested for Qatari and non-Qatari residents moving to an International school in Qatar.
- For children entering Year 1, in addition we require:
- Nursery report or Early Years Foundation certificate.
- Application and Placement fees. For details please refer to the Application Form and School Fee schedule, which can be found on our website. These fees may be paid online by bank transfer or in person at the school by cheque, bank transfer, or cash. For details on how to make an online bank transfer please refer to the 'Fees' section.
By submitting your Application Form, and relevant fees, you are not automatically guaranteed a place. Application fees and placement assessment fees are non-refundable.
If your company reserve seats through our Guaranteed Places agreement, please submit your application with the company stamp. Please contact your HR Department in advance of your application to discuss their school application policy.
Parents need to inform the school when students are leaving. The Ministry of Education and Higher Education requires parents to complete a withdrawal form and submit this to the school. Please contact your Admissions Officer to receive the required form at firstname.lastname@example.org