We’d like to wish you a happy new year and hope you had a restful winter break.
To assist with the school’s continued improvement we would really appreciate it if you could take five (5) minutes of your time to visit the link below and complete our Parent Engagement Survey. We value your input and use this to guide new initiatives to develop our school further and to give our students the best possible experience both inside and out of the classroom.
As a result of last years’ survey we made a number of improvements, this has included:
- We improved the range of Extra Curriculum Activities for all ages and beyond the school;
- We have celebrated student achievement beyond the school gates – this has included celebrating this through Social Media, School Newsletters and beyond;
- We have focused on keeping parents informed about the work of their children via Class Dojo, Show My Homework and Managebac systems;
- We have improved the outdoor environment for our students, this has included a new student-designed play area, climbing wall and outdoor learning spaces (courtyard and outdoor Year 1/2 classroom);
- We kept our focus on high-quality teaching by developing our staff and recruiting outstanding teachers for our outstanding schools;
- Making sure that we are strong in every aspect of teaching and learning through professional development opportunities for all of our teaching and support staff – this was highlighted as strength during the recent NAE Education Team’s visit;
- We are gaining accreditation through the Qatar National Schools Association, the International Primary Curriculum and International Baccalaureate Organisation;
- Offering more Education visits to local institutions to enhance our student learning experience – including investment in the Duke of Edinburgh International Award with 100 students participating;
- We have focused on and are achieving year on year improvements in academic results across all sections of the school.
Link: Compass International School Doha Parent Survey
Thank you for your support of the school and we look forward to acting on your suggestions.
Jimmy Frawley, Head of Madinat Khalifa Primary
Tom Douch, Head of Secondary