Below are just a few reviews of our international school from parents and students. Should you require advice from current parents or simply have further questions that you wish to be answered, please contact the school and we will put you in touch with representatives for our parent community.
Parent Letter from the MIT student trip 2018
Dear Mr. Porter,
Rosalie and I also would like to express our appreciation and to say thank you for your effort and dedication, starting from the trip prepartion until the children safely returned to Doha from MIT.
Indeed, the STEAM trip to MIT was a great experience for Gabriel, an eye-opener and has broaden his horizon to think wide and big (be ambitious) when come to innovation/invention, also the importance of being able to collaborate with others, contributing new ideas to achieve goals and produce results and products that can help improve human life and world living condition.
In particular during the trip, one of Gabriel's favourites was the Biobits workshop where he had the opportunity in experimenting with bioluminescence to see how DNA can be controlled. From this experience, he said he is inspired to become an engineer that can program DNA to cure cancer. As parents we hope he can continue pursuing his dream!! Regards, Stephen and Rosalie (Year 6, MK Parents)
"Our experience at Compass International School is very positive. They look at every child individually, how they are learning and what is the best choice for each child. Rens (our child) is very happy to go to school to play with his friends and to be with his teacher. Compass International school feels like a family to us and we are very lucky that our children are going to this school." Parent of Gharaffa Year 1 Child.
- "Without any doubt COMPASS INTERNATIONAL School of Doha is the best of the best in Qatar, not only just because the curriculum they follow and the IB program but the people whose are forming a unique team of education.
My congrats to PhD. Mr. Terry Creissen, Mr. Paul McConnell, Mrs. Auli Botting, Mrs. Debbie, Mrs. Amanda Lobo and all the team. My two sons are more than in grateful to COMPASS people and thanks to them they are continuing to the university level.
Thank you to all of you! Thank you to the Supreme Education Council of QATAR
God bless you," Augusto C Garcia Cardone
"At Rayyan Campus, parents can rest assured that their children receive quality first education in a supportive environment. Here, both students and parents alike benefit from a strong sense of community and camaraderie. Through the involvement of numerous activities, the school provides all students with unique opportunities for developing their confidence. Moreover, the administration takes a genuine interest in feedback from parents and students, and applies suggestions toward continuous and positive campus improvements. This well led staff works relentlessly to develop academic excellence and promote social responsibility across all students.
I feel truly honoured that all of my children are intrinsically motivated to attend this school daily, and sincerely hope that they continue to benefit from such exceptional teachers." Parent of 3 children at Rayyan campus. Nalini Jitman
“Love to see so much diversity at school and in our child’s class! Such a great environment for our kids to experience and grow up with.” – Parent, Year 1C
'Dear Roland, I want to let you know, that our daughter has still a lot of benefit from your maths classes. Last year in Abu Dhabi, they did only statistics and now back in Holland she had a gap with algebra. At first it was a bit hard for her, but she remembered so much from your lessons, thanks to your good way of teaching. She always says, that so far she had only a few teachers who taught in such a good and understandable way, that you remember it for a long time to come. Now she’s with three out of 19 kids from her class who can do maths on a high level in IB (according to the teacher) You have been laying the base for this.” Year 9 Parent
- "I strongly believe that education is the best “gift” I can offer my child and that is the reason I have mine at Compass. Teachers get to spend more time with our children and are important people in their lives and are strong role models. A good teacher is worth their weight in gold. I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on your staff, they have given so much encouragement to my child, who so far has loved every minute of this school year and always comes home full of enthusiasm and stories to tell. Compass is indeed the best school in Doha, with passionate teachers, wonderful and committed staff, sufficient amounts of resources and an ethos that honours a variety of cultures." - Early Year 2 Parent
- “We are very happy that our daughter settled into her first year at school, and has gained confidence in communicating with others.” - Year 1 parent
- “[Our son] is always happy before and after school which is a good sign.” - Year 2 parent
- “We truly appreciate the support during our transition to a new school and culture.” - Year 2 parent
- “The constant feedback at pickup times helped us help our son.” - Year 2 parent
- “Mrs Ryan has managed to give our son confidence in his abilities and believe that he can achieve in areas that have previously been a struggle for him.” - Year 5 parent
- “Under your guidance, our son has been able to exceed all the expectations and reach very high levels.” - Year 6 parent
- “Your way of teaching brings out joy, love, friendship and most of all confidence among kids.” - Year 6 parent
- “I can truly say that I saw considerable overall development in our daughter, throughout the year” - Year 6 parent
- “Thank you for the great support you provided to our son, that resulted in the achievement he has obtained at the end of year 6.” - Year 6 parent
- "Many thanks for all the support you have given Rykala over the last two years but most importantly the absolute belief in her abilities" - Ms Lyth, Year 12 parent
- "Having an older daughter educated in international schools and who had returned to the UK to complete GCSEs, A-Levels and University, we actively sought for our youngest daughter a medium size international school in Doha, able to deliver both IGCSEs and a challenging IBDP that would accommodate her varied wishes and requirements. The school facilities have been developed in bespoke fashion for the IBDP and class sizes are at the level that every parent would wish for. The Compass staff responsible for IBDP development and registration and the IBDP delivery coordinator have been everything that we expected, and more, and the programme has commenced at a pace that would suggest that they have been doing it for years". - Mr Butterworth