Transfer certificate and contract signing with KHDA
Before a child can be accepted by any school in Dubai, a Transfer Certificate (TC) must be provided by their previous school. This is a UAE Ministry of Education requirement and it is the responsibility of the parents to deliver this TC to the receiving school. Please know that the Transfer Certificate is required by all who are arriving from outside Dubai and UAE.
- All Transfer Certificates must be written in English and the Transfer Certificate must contain the information as noted. This has to be on original school letterhead, signed and stamped by the Head/Principal.
- The transfer certificate should be dated ONLY after the last day of attendance of the student.
- It is the sole responsibility of the parents to provide the original attested transfer certificate to NAS DUBAI.
- The original Transfer Certificate must be submitted to the School Admissions Office at the time of enrolment.
Attestation of Transfer Certificates (TC) : In order for your child to be registered with the UAE’s Ministry of Education, the Transfer Certificate must be properly signed, stamped and attested as necessary.
- Transfer Certificates are required from ALL countries.
Middle East (except for UAE), South and Central America (including Mexico), Asia, former Russian States, Eastern Europe and Africa:
- TC with school stamp and signature
- Ministry of Education attestation (in the country of the school you are leaving)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- UAE Embassy (in the country of the school you are leaving)
United States, Canada, Western Europe, Australia or New Zealand:
- TC with school stamp and signature only
Another Emirate in the UAE:
- Original Transfer Certificate in Arabic or English
- Signed and stamped by the school
- Attested by the Ministry of Education of that Emirate
Dubai internal transfers are registered with the KHDA once the Leaving Certificate from the previous school has been submitted by the parents to the new school.
Parents please note that without the above it will not be possible to legally register your child in a school or with the Ministry of Education in Dubai.
A copy of the latest school report must be submitted to the school, which must state the YEAR the student is currently attending or has completed. This is used by the school in the process of registration with the KHDA.
Following successful registration, the KHDA will invite the parents for contract signing at the new school, or via the KHDA App or KHDA Website.
Our friendly Admissions staff are here to help you all through the process and should you have any queries regarding the process or the school in general please do not hesitate to contact us on Admissions@nasdubai.ae