Knowing a language means knowing about the culture, which is the foundation of any language. It allows us to explore the values of diversity, community and respect. Therefore enabling our young people to live, work and learn across national and cultural boundaries. We believe that multilingualism is a vital skill in the modern world and opens many doors for our students.
We offer a personalised learning experience, which is appropriately differentiated to meet the needs of our school community. We provide both an advanced and second language programme for all five languages namely Arabic, French, German, Mandarin (Chinese) and Spanish.
Advanced Language Learning Curriculum at NAS Dubai
Our advanced programme caters for those who meet the following criteria:
- The child’s mother-tongue.
- One or both parents are speakers of the language.
- The child has previously attended a school in the language; including attending a bi-lingual school.
- The child has spent a number of years living in the country, where the language spoken.
- The child is gifted and talented and has an extremely high level of skill in the language.
The advanced curriculum blends both the national curriculum for England and the curricula from France, Germany, China and Spain accordingly. The Arabic advanced curriculum is followed in accordance with KHDA (Dubai’s Governing Education Authority) requirements.
Our advanced programme offers language learning to children in order to retain a connection with their ‘home’ language and culture, as well as allowing children to be reintegrated into the education system of that country.