Here we take you step-by-step through the process for any new school admissions, and help you to understand our school admissions policy. Please ask us questions at any time during this process.
All you need to do is complete the online application form found in this Admissions section of our website.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Step 1: The Application Process
The first step in achieving a place for your child at ICS is to:
- Complete the Application for Admission form below
- Pay the €950 Application fee.
Your child will then be placed on a waiting list and arrangements will be made for testing and interview.
You will then be asked to submit the following information:
- Photocopies of school records or transcripts for the two years immediately prior to this application.
- Recommendation forms completed by the appropriate contact at your child's current School or a confidential letter of recommendation from your child’s current Head of School or Principal. Please note that this often needs to be arranged well in advance of the assessment date.
- A photocopy of your child’s Birth Certificate or details pages of the passport*.
Step 2: Subject Assessment & Interview
Your child will be tested in English and Mathematics. They may be interviewed by the Head of School and appropriate subjects and levels considered.
Step 3: Enrolment
Following satisfactory assessment, interview and the receipt of all required documents, your child will be offered a place in our school. You will then be asked to sibmit the following:
Your child's place will be officially confirmed. We shall then issue:
- An enrolment pack containing Terms and Conditions
- An invoice for tuition and educational material fees.
- The formal start date for your child (in agreement with you).
*The school cannot help with residence permission arrangements once the student is in Spain. Parents or guardians must obtain information from the Spanish Consulate or Embassy in their present country prior to entering Spain.
**The fee deposit is returnable when the student leaves the school on giving one term’s notice of departure in writing. Only when both the enrolment fee and deposit has been paid will a place be reserved for your child.
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
We have a dedicated team of learning support specialists who can provide for a range of needs. The provision is limited, however. If your child has social, emotional, academic, physical, developmental or behavioural challenges, you need to discuss this with us fully at this stage. We may not have the capacity to cater for your child and it is better to know this before proceeding.
Step 4: Preparing to start at ICS
When steps 1 – 3 are complete, we are ready to offer a place and confirm a start date. If you still have some questions, please feel free to get in touch with our Admissions Team.
Step 5: Starting School
Starting a new school can be a daunting experience for students, as well as parents. Our school of over 70 nationalities makes us a diverse and welcoming community where parents and children enjoy making new friends. We have an active Parent Association (PA) who, together with our class and country ambassadors, play a key role in ensuring each family is welcomed into our caring community.