The British International School of Kuala Lumpur looks for students who will be a good fit. This generally means they are motivated and determined in their studies. They should also be committed to our school values of being kind, acting with integrity, being resilient, being ambitious, and taking risks. In addition we’re looking for students who are open to and will benefit from an international school curriculum.
Before you Apply
We recommend families schedule either a virtual discovery meeting or a campus visit before applying. This is not required for families who already know that BSKL is the right fit for them, but is still encouraged.
You should also confirm year group placement and space availability with our admissions team prior to your application.
The British International School of Kuala Lumpur reviews applications on a rolling basis throughout the year. While most students begin at the start of each term, with Term 1 in August being our largest intake, we allow students to start throughout the year in most year groups. Student intake outside of the Term 1 for students in Years 10-13 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Our application process consists of three major steps and you need to complete the process for each child.
- Complete the online application
- Upload your most recent school report, passport copies, and any documentation related to medical or special education accommodations.
- Nominate your child’s current, or most recent, teacher to serve as a reference. Our admissions team will reach out to them directly.
- Pay the Application Fee
- Schedule an Assessment
- Early Years students and their parents will join our EYC team for either an in-person taster session or an informal online interview.
- Primary school students will sit for a reading, writing and maths test set by the primary school, which can be completed either in-person or virtually.
- Secondary student applicants (Years 7-13) will sit for a computerised assessment which can be completed either in-person or virtually. They will also sit an interview with our academic team.
Completed applications are reviewed by our Admissions Review Committee on a weekly basis. Once all documentation has been received, we aim to communicate an admissions decision within 7-14 business days.
Accepting an Admissions Offer
You can accept your admissions offer by signing and returning the Enrolment Agreement and paying the non-refundable enrolment fee before the offer deadline. Only one enrolment fee is needed per family. BSKL will enrol students after the offer deadline has passed, on a space-available basis.