In primary school your child will learn to consider topics from multiple perspectives and make meaningful connections between subjects that make learning fun, all while building a strong academic foundation that allows them to excel.
Our curriculum is based on the English National Curriculum and has been enriched and adapted to incorporate local cultural understanding and an international school approach to learning. Our students work hard and their success is measured based on their past performance, but we find many of our students will work well beyond the objectives of the English National Curriculum.
As an international school we place an important emphasis on second language development, cultural understanding and developing resilience. Children will receive four hours of either Mandarin or Spanish. Malaysian children will also take Bahasa Melayu.
Our Primary school consists of six year groups, based on age, and following the English National Curriculum naming conventions.
Sometimes Years 1- 2 are collectively referred to as Key Stage 1 and Years 3-6 are collectively referred to as Key Stage 2.
- Year 1 (age 5 by September 1 of the school year)
- Year 2 (age 6 by September 1 of the school year)
- Year 3 (age 7 by September 1 of the school year)
- Year 4 (age 8 by September 1 of the school year)
- Year 5 (age 9 by September 1 of the school year)
- Year 6 (age 10 by September 1 of the school year)
The primary curriculum includes the following subjects:
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Aesthetics & Maths)
- Physical Education
- Modern Foriegn Language
- Positive Education