School Closure

We use cookies to improve your online experience. To learn more please refer to ourPersonal Information Collection Statement.

Sorry but this form will not work without cookies enabled. Please adjust your browser settings to enable cookies to continue. For more information on how to do this please see ourPersonal Information Collection Statement.

  • Top achieving school

    BSKL has built an outstanding reputation by balancing academic achievement with personal development and a strong sense of community


  • Happy and satisfied students

    BSKL provides students with the opportunities to explore and discover passions in their learning.


  • Outstanding teaching

    We recruit the best teachers to ensure our students benefit from outstanding teaching practices.


  • Learning for all

    We offer academic and extra-curricular programs designed to cater for a range of needs, interests, talents and aspirations.


  • Discover more

    Read our blog posts, find out what’s new and view our upcoming events


  • Getting started

    Begin your journey at BSKL today - enquire online or book a tour


  • Speak to us

    Get in touch via email, phone or social media


  • Sports Handbook

    Find out about our extra curricular sports programme


Visas and Permission to Study Page

BSKL welcomes students and families who are non-Malaysian residents or citizens, but all non-Malaysian students need to have a valid visa type which allows them to study in the country.

BSKL is required to keep a copy of current visas for all students and parents.

In addition, non-resident visa types also need to have a Permit to Study stamp in their passports for each year of study in Malaysia.

Permit to Study Stamp

  • Employment Pass Holders (and their dependents), Resident Pass Holders (and their dependents), and Diplomatic Pass Holders (and their dependents) need to have a Permit to Study stamp in their visa.

    • Generally your employer, embassy, or visa agent will submit the application to the Immigration Office for a Permit to Study stamp. If you need an enrolment letter please contact our visa liaison.

Student Pass Visa Types

Malaysia grants student passes to qualifying students to study in international schools in Malaysia. One guardian pass is allowed for a student pass holder and dependent passes are available for younger siblings who are not old enough to attend school.

Student Pass Application Process

  • Family enrols at BSKL by returning the declaration form and paying the enrolment fee

  • BSKL applies for a Letter of Support from the Ministry of Education (MOE) on behalf of the student and guardian.

    • BSKL needs passport copies for all family members and your local address in Malaysia

    • MOE sends the letter back to the school and BSKL packages your letter with additional enrolment information needed by the Immigration Office for the Student Pass application

    • Families pick up their MOE Support Letter and school documents to include with their application for the student pass.

  • Families apply for a student pass via Malaysia’s Immigration Office. BSKL recommends families engage the services of a visa agent.

  • The Immigration Office processes the student pass and guardian pass applications and issues the visas and Permit to Study passes

  • Please contact our visa liaison to work through the Student Pass Application process. It can take 4-6 weeks to complete the process and under the current pandemic restrictions processing times may be further delayed.