Update as of 28th of April 2021
Currently, all children from Early Years Centre to Year 4 can attend the school.
Children from Year 5 to IBDP continue to learn through our Virtual School Experience - according to Polish Government's guidelines till May 17th.
From May 17th
Students from Years 5 -13 will learn in HYBRID mode
From May 29th
Students of all classes will be allowed to come back to school
Our approach to safety and prevention when children are at school
- At the start of each half-term, we endeavour to offer school-funded testing for all students on or before the first day(s) back at school.
- We are reviewing all of our bubbles to see if we can improve zoning even further
- Based on recent outcomes of students’ test results, Year group bubbles can be treated as discrete entities therefore if we have a case in Year 1, for example, we will only have to consider closing this particular year group
- Dependent on the outcomes of the track and trace procedures, any future closures may be restricted to one specific class rather than the whole year group
- In the case of a COVID positive student being detected, voluntary testing will be offered for all students in the affected class or year group. The rationale behind this is tobring the children back to school as soon as it is safe
- Voluntary testing will be facilitated for those who would like more regular testing. This will be an agreement between the family and testing company and will be paid by parents
All school activities, like school trips and ski courses, as well as various extracurricular activities, will be cancelled.
We will continue to follow guidelines and take all necessary steps to ensure the health and safety of all students, colleagues, and the wider parent community at The British School Warsaw as a matter of priority.