Stay Informed, Get Connected, Show Support
The Regents Parent Support Group (PSG) was created so current parents of Regents students can enjoy networking, sharing and planning information about activities or events taking place at school. Our Regents school community is diverse and the PSG reflects this by representing as many different groups as possible.
Click here for more information on the next PSG meeting.
Click here to see how you can get involved.
Become a member of our Facebook networking group here.
The Parent Supporters Group (PSG) role is:
- To provide a two-way communication channel between the school, its community and families to share information.
- To work with the school in organising events and activities which support the school and its community partners.
Members of the PSG work together to provide a communication link between parents, teachers and the school. To facilitate this an open meeting to which all parents are invited is held roughly once a month throughout the school year. These meetings will usually include a presentation from the school with the opportunity to meet and ask questions of the specialist for that area of school activity as requested parents.
The PSG Committee also have a monthly meeting with the School Leadership Team to provide the parent community with a formal opportunity to ask questions raised by the parent community.
The Parent Supporters Group (PSG) objectives are:
- To provide a positive link between school and parents
- To provide an opportunity for all parents to be involved in and support school activities
- To provide an opportunity at the monthly meeting for parents to meet, find out more about specific aspects of school from the experts and provide a forum for ideas and suggestions
- To provide an opportunity for parents to meet with other parents
- To provide parents of new students with guidance and information
- The PSG Committee is not responsible for coordinating or channelling parent grievances. These should be directed to the relevant person at the school.
The PSG run a LINE chat group for all Regents parents. Regents staff are also members of this group. It is there to allow exchange of information between parents and is managed by the PSG Committee. There is a code of conduct for this chat group and anyone who does not wish to adhere to this may asked to leave the group. This LINE chat is created as a forum to ask questions and share answers that are factual and preferably sourced from school. We ask that all members of the group please refrain from making negative or offensive comments or using it to take action against the school as this is not the appropriate platform or the purpose of this group. If your concerns are of a serious nature please contact the school directly.
All new and existing parents are automatically enrolled as members of the PSG when joining Regents and parents can choose how they wish to be involved as active PSG members through the many different activities on offer;
- Parent Cooking Classes - learn how to make some of your favourite international dishes
- Second Hand Uniform Shop - volunteer to help us to coordinate our new second hand uniform shop
- Regents Ambassadors - become a local ambassador for your country within the school community
- Supporting key PSG run events during the year such as Carols by Candlelight and Teacher Appreciation Day
The PSG Annual General Meeting is held at the end of the academic year and at this time all parents are invited to put themselves forward to be a member of the Committee. If there is more than one parent applying for a role then a vote will be held at the Annual General Meeting to select which parent will take the role. The Committee will then be put forward to the School Principal for approval.