We are seeking to appoint a talented individual to lead and manage the Admissions and Marketing Department at the British International School Shanghai, Pudong.
This is a key leadership role. Reporting to the School Principal, you will be required to create and implement an innovative and transformative marketing and student recruitment strategy to ensure the school achieves its ambitions.
Tasked with meeting challenging performance indicators, the Director will have a proven track record in achieving outcomes, and have experience of strategic marketing and recruitment, in customer relationship management, and have the gravitas to play an ambassadorial role for the school. Proactivity, energy and efficiency will be key, as will be personal warmth, emotional intelligence and an ability to inspire confidence and respect. You will have significant leadership experience within a complex environment and possess the ability to build credible and long term relationships with all stakeholders, students and partners.
You will need an appropriate level of qualification, the management skills and experience necessary to lead and develop the department, together with an understanding of the character and mission of the school.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
• Degree qualified
• 7-10 years’ experience in a Sales/Marketing role with demonstrated success in growing/increasing sales in a competitive market
• Experience of having worked within a service delivery sector, education sector experience a bonus
• Strong analytical skills and proven record of using data and research to support initiatives undertaken
• Ability to build, manage and motivate cross functional high performing teams
• Experience of working with CRM systems and integration with the sales life cycle
• Experience in monitoring competitor market activity
• Experience in using digital and social media trends and tools to influence the sales life cycle
• Understands and is able to build strong customer advocacy and repeat client loyalty and retention
• Experience of high level networking to build creative and mutually beneficial relationships that positively impact on strategic and tactical business development
• To ensure that you and your colleagues on your school’s leadership team achieve the target growth and retention numbers in line with the annual budget
• To ensure that your school’s key touch-points for parents, from awareness to signing and beyond, are based on parental needs and your school’s defined promises are properly designed, implemented and monitored and that each is evaluated for its effectiveness
• To ensure that you maintain an up-to-date evidence base of the needs and concerns of our internal and external stakeholders in relation to the growth and retention of students and that this is evidence is communicated to the Group as and when required
• To ensure that you develop, execute and regularly monitor marketing, retention and admissions plan for your school that directs each phase of the internal and external marketing processes and that this plan is built on the school’s story and promises that are underpinned by evidence
• Manage Marketing and Student Recruitment budget and ROI of marketing activities carried out
• To ensure that your school has an outreach programme that widens the school’s network and positive relationships and reputation in and with the community
• To ensure that every member of staff in school is aware of their role in attracting, converting and retaining students and is actively and appropriately engaged in all three activities.
WHAT WE OFFER:
As a member of the Nord Anglia Education family of schools, joining our team means you will be a part of networked admissions and marketing team where ideas, learning and best practice are shared. This vibrant cross border exchange and collaboration is encouraged and supported at every level and is exciting to be a part of. The role offers a challenging and diverse full-time position in a dynamic and fast-growing school in Shanghai. We offer the exciting opportunity to help showcase the stories of our students and support our community to be a fun and inviting place for all our families. Our school is an international environment – a blend of languages, cultures and professional backgrounds that makes it an exciting and attractive place to work.
HOW TO APPLY:
Application must be made on-line, attaching your current resume, cover letter and details of two professional referees.
Previous candidates need not apply.