Information and Reminders
Thank you to all parents who attended the Primary Sports Day. It was fantastic to see the children collaborating to earn points for their school house and to see parents supporting the event.
School Holiday - Monday 2nd May
Year 2 to Year 3 transition coffee morning - Wednesday 11th May; 10.00am – 11.00am
Star of the week
2A – Min Woo Park
2B – Yuval Shimoni
2C – Brian Pun
Certificates will be presented in Tuesday’s assembly.
2A - Swimming on Monday - Games on Wednesday
2B - Games on Monday - Swimming on Wednesday
2C - Games on Monday - Swimming on Friday
In our English lessons next week, we will continue to look at stories by Antony Browne. Our learning objectives will include:
- To develop a positive attitude and stamina for writing
- To use a range of punctuation
- To use expanded noun phrases and adjectives
- To write a story in the style of Anthony Browne
Reading - To develop a pleasure in reading, to be motivated to read.
This week in maths we will focus on fractions. Our learning objectives covered will include:
- To recognise, find, name and write fractions 1/3, 1/4 of a length shape and quantity
- To recognise equivalent fractions 2/4 and 1/2
- To write simple fractions
- To recognise fractions of a number 1/2 and 1/4
As Historians we will create a simple timeline as a whole class, trying to decide when we think the houses in history were created. We will discuss how houses have changed over time. Why would these changes happen?
We will also look at houses from around the world such as igloos, yurts from Mongolia, traditional Japanese homes as well as mud huts from South America.