Pleased to Meet You...Meritxell Sanz
30 四月 2014
This week we spoke to Meritxell Sanz, Spanish Teacher and Native Spanish Coordinator, who organised the Feria de Abril and La Diada de St. Jordi celebrations last week.
- How long have you been at BISS Puxi? I have worked at BISS Puxi since August 2012.
- What do you enjoy about teaching here? I enjoy many things about teaching here, but the main one is the students. Students are wonderful, all around the world! Enthusiastic, creative, obedient, smart... and they also love to be challenged which is great.
- What is your favourite thing to do in Shanghai? My favorite things are riding my bike around the streets full of trees in the French Concession; doing yoga in Mandarin, which can be quite confusing; and spending time with my husband and friends. During the holidays I enjoy going to Pudong airport to travel and discover new islands.
- What is your favourite Spanish restaurant in Shanghai? There are plenty of good Spanish restaurants in Shanghai such as ‘El Willy’, ‘La Verbena’, ‘El patio’, etc. If I had to choose my favourite restaurant in Shanghai, it would be a French restaurant though which also serves Spanish food. A cosy fancy place called ‘Vis a Vis’. Actually, feels like home.
- What part of teaching Spanish do you enjoy the most? I am passionate about teaching the Spanish language and culture to my students. Teaching a language is a great subject to teach, it gives you the opportunity to use many different techniques, styles, and strategies. Students can have fun and enjoy themselves while learning a language which is an exceptional skill for their future.
- Where are you from and what do you miss about home? I’m from Barcelona, a lovely place to be! The things I miss from there are the blue sky, the beaches, the palm trees, the smell, the sun, the cultural events and mainly my family and my old group of friends. I also miss the Balearic Islands (Menorca, Mallorca, Formentera, Ibiza…) and London where I used to live.