Sorry but this form will not work without cookies enabled. Please adjust your browser settings to enable cookies to continue. For more information on how to do this please see ourWebsite Privacy & Cookie Policy.

  • Welcome to Country Day School

    An American School serving an international population of Global Citizens

    Boys reading

  • Encouraging Development in a Safe Environment

    We celebrate success and encourage growth, all within a safe and supportive environment where well-being comes first

    Girl reading

  • Inspiring Every Child

    We attract talented, experienced and world class faculty and staff

    Student looking at book with teacher

  • Encouraging Success

    Students are part of a global learning community that includes peers and teachers from around the world.

    Girls in art class

  • The Panthers Teams

    We promote team effort, dedication and pride to achieve focused goals

    Girls playing football

  • Inspiring Creativity

    We inspire and celebrate the arts as a channel for growth and education

    CDS Country Day

  • Keep Informed

    Check our news, blogs, calendars and communications

    Outdoor area

  • Join Our CDS Family

    It will be our pleasure to welcome you and your family to our campus


  • Request More Information

    Contact us now and visit our beautiful campus

    Outdoor area

Tuition and Fees

We understand the value you place on an academic investment and that it is one of the most important and rewarding decisions you will ever make for your child. With our unique, integrated learning model and personalized learning approach, our students graduate with a distinct advantage.

Tuition and fees can be found below. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our dedicated admissions team members who will get back to you within 24 hours (local time, Monday to Friday).

You can also call us (506) 2289-0919 ext. 2262 or email us any time.

We are looking forward to assisting you and to welcoming you and your family to our school.

School Fees 2019/2020 

Application Fee (non-refundable) $50

Matriculation Fee (PK-12)

$ 1,250

Entrance Fee (A one time fee per student) 

$ 2,500
Family Fee (A one time fee per family, enrolling for the first time) $ 1,000

Matriculation Fee (PK-12)

$ 1,250

Entrance Fee (A one time fee per student) 

$ 2,500
Family Fee (A one time fee per family, enrolling for the first time) $ 1,000


Tuition Per Year

PreKinder (Half day) $6,502
PreKinder (Full day) $11,020
Kinder (Half day $8,217
Kinder (Full day) / Preparatory $12,545
Grades 1-12 $16,953


Bus Service







Area 1: Immediate Area/San Rafael de Alajuela/ Ciudad Colón/La Guácima,/Brasil de Mora $1,575 $700 $875
Area 2: Lindora/Santa Ana/Pozos/ Guachipelín/Cerro Alto/Alto de las Palomas  $1,674 $744 $930
Area 3: Escazú Centro/San Rafael de Ojo de Agua $1,764 $784 $980
Area 4: Pavas/Rohrmoser/Sabana/San Antonio de Escazú/B. Corazón de Jesús/San Antonio de Belén/Cariari $1,908 $848 $1,060

Additional Fee Information

Family Fee: New families pay a one-time entrance fee of $1,000 upon initial admission, to Country Day School. This fund will be administered by the Country Day School Educational Development Association, a non-profit entity, and will be used to fund scholarships and service projects. This is a non-refundable fee.

Entrance Fee: Every new student will be assessed a one-time Entrance Fee. The charge will be applied as follows: the amount will be due in full upon enrollment in grade levels 1st through 12th. Students enrolling for the first time in grades PK-Prep will be assessed 50% of the fee upon enrollment, with the other 50% due when they reach 1st grade. This is a non-refundable fee.

Matriculation Fee: The matriculation fee is paid in full for all students prior to the start of each school year. The fee is due in May of each year for returning students and, for new students, is due upon enrollment with the above CDSEDA Fee and Entrance Fee. This is a non-refundable fee.

Tuition (Pre-Kinder-12th Grade): Tuition is paid yearly in two installments. Seventy percent (70%) of tuition is due prior to the beginning of the school year. The 70% payment is due in full and is non-refundable. The remaining thirty percent (30%) of tuition is billed in October and is due before the end of the first semester.  The 30% payment is due in full and is non-refundable. Students who enter CDS for the first time in the second semester, pay 5/9ths (55%) of the year’s tuition. For all students who enter after the beginning of the school year, tuition is due upon entering. 

Please contact the Business Office for further information.