With one day to go before we break up for half term, we have so much to celebrate and reflect upon. This term we have achieved so much, here are some of the highlights:
- Welcoming new community members: 5 new Senior Leaders, 26 new teachers, 141 new families.
- A growing Boarding community: we now have our highest number of Boarders ever!
- Outstanding IBDP Results: 97% pass rate and an average score of 33 giving our graduating students access to some of the best universities in the world.
- World beating iGCSE results: 86% receiving A*-C grades and 42% achieving the highest A*-A grades. A testament to the hard work and dedication of our students, teachers and parents.
- Confident learners: there are so many examples from around the whole school of our students applying their learning; from constructing a house out of palm leaves, building a farmyard, interviewing our Juilliard visitor, joining the football team, playing in the orchestra, achieving outstanding exam results, public speaking and so much more. With so many opportunities there really are no limits to what your child can achieve.
- Leadership opportunities: new student leaders are in place throughout the school, all of them enthusiastic to make a difference and give our students a voice.
- Performing Arts: Successful speech competition, Drama and Music performances and the wonderful visit of Brian Drye from The Juilliard School of Performing Arts.
- Launch of CCAs and Sports: Our largest number of CCAs ever, trials and selections of our FOBISIA teams and many successful sporting fixtures already this term.
- Community partners: continuing to establish our network of partnerships with community groups both in the local area and further afield.
- Outdoor Education: Successful pedagogical experiences to incredible places, with incredible itineraries, giving the opportunity to learn and grow outside of comfort zones. Being part of the Nord Anglia family and a Round Square school, we can provide these unique opportunities beyond the ordinary for our students.
- Parent Supporters Group: It is stronger than ever this year with an ambitious strategy in place to give parents even more opportunities to be more involved with the school and bring our community even closer together.
- Facility upgrades: Secondary classrooms now have new windows with new furniture arriving over the holiday, new changing rooms and toilet block for the swimming pool and the development of the Music rooms, which we are really looking forward to showing you after the holiday.
As I look back on the first 40 days, it has been an exciting journey. Getting to know our diverse community has been a privilege and every day a new learning experience. I have witnessed a happy school, an active school and a school that is so much more than just a school. Regents truly is a warm and vibrant community where community members belong and feel a sense of pride and belonging.
Thank you for the warm welcome, thank you for the smiles and the opportunity to get to know you and your children.
Wishing you all a wonderful and safe half term break.