NAIS Tigers U19 Girls Football Match reports
Its been a great week of Girls football for NAIS. Last Wednesday the girls ventured to SCIS Pudong to play their first 7-a-side game of the season. BAAM, 4-0 at half time. The girls were passing superbly and SCIS were unable to get into our half. Second Half, the girls score six more and after about 15 shots from Sophie, she managed to get on the score sheet along with Jule, Alice, Julia and Isa. Great result for their first game.
Next up, it was 11s vs SAS Puxi. NAIS girls started slow and were hit on the counter attack by an early goal in the first 5 mins. The shock soon wore off and the girls were back dominating possession but unable to score in the first half. The second half began and once more the girls were on top, with some excellent interplay between Julia in midfield and the strikers. Eventually, Jule scored from a well-run corner. With more shots to come, our girls just couldn’t find the net, ending the score at 1-1.
Wednesday came around again and it was SCIS Pudong once more, except this time at home. The girls dominated from the start and the passing was superb, one-twos in and out of their defence gave SCIS no chance of any possession. With goals from Jule, Sterre, AnneFloor and Sophie, the score was 9-0 at half time. Second half proved to be much the same. The weather turned from sun to rain and wind and shots were missed. However, more goals from Sophie, Julia and Jule put final score at 14-0.
The girls are dominating the 7s league and will be a force to be reckoned with this year at SISAC and ACAMIS.
Report written by Mr. Northedge
NAIS Tigers U11 Netball Shanghai League Fixtures
NAIS Pudong, Saturday 25th February
This weekend saw some great netball being played at U11 level at NAIS Pudong. With teams from Dulwich Shanghai, Dulwich Suzhou, Wellington College and BISS Puxi, we had two mini tournaments taking place on Saturday morning. The NAIS Under 11s played very well winning two of their three matches against BISS Puxi (5-4) and Dulwich College Shanghai 3 (11 -0).
Defensive players Caroline Oyuchi and Alexia Joseph marked tightly and were relentless in their efforts to keep the ball from the goal whilst attacking players Lou Anne Senechal and Megan Watson scored the most goals so far of the season in one day. Meanwhile, centre court players Charlotte McCullough, Dagna Jezioro, Bethany Poisson, Salma Gichana, Jiwon Kim, Jazmyn Crowther, Lauren Tsoi and Jenny Hong worked hard to make many interceptions and move the ball swiftly down the court. All girls had a chance to play a match and made significant progress playing as a team. An impressive effort today from the U11 girls who are looking stronger and more skillful with each practice. Well done girls!
U19 NAIS Tigers Boys Football Team match reports
The D1 Sevens Team played their first game of the season against Shanghai Community International School on Wednesday the 22nd February. The game was played in very cold, wet and windy conditions. Our boys opened the scoring after 10 minutes when Naser Dajani-Keenan scored his first goal of the season. The second goal came shortly afterwards when Luca Ruisi scores a 25 yard power blaster shot that left the keeper with no chance to save the ball. Unfortunately, the team did not maintain the same effort levels displayed in the first half and allowed SCIS to score two goals in the second half. The match concluded with a 2-2 draw.
The second game of the season was held at NAIS again on Monday 27th February against YCIS. This was a more determined team performance in comparison to the opening game of the season verse SCIS. The team performed exceptionally well winning the game 6-0. The goal scorers were Matthew Ward with a fantastic hat trick, two goals for Naser Dajani-Keenan and one goal for Martin Marchant Maranon.
Our third game of the season was against SCIS Pudong. The team knew this was going to be a close game as we drew last week 2-2 in the same fixture. The boys started well, demonstrating a wide variety of short and long range passing. The structure and the shape of the team looked better than the first game. The boys did not disappoint and the team opened the scoring twenty minutes into the game with a good finish coming from our Centre forward Luca Ruisi. Unfortunately, poor marking and a breakdown in communication on defence allowed SCIS to equalise just before half time.
The Boys continued to press after halftime maintaining the majority of the possession. SCIS were strong and resilient in defence. The NAIS midfield and forwards continued to pepper their goal with shots to no avail. SCIS managed to escape from their half and were awarded a dubious penalty kick from a handball within the NAIS box. The penalty was scored and the NAIS teams were losing 2-1, which was totally against the run of play.
The NAIS teams continued to apply pressure on the SCIS defence and were rewarded with a goal 5 minutes from the end. It was a well-deserved equalising goal although within two minutes the team conceded a last minute goal to lose 3 -2. The team was very disappointed with the result although they should not be too dejected as they played some excellent football throughout the game. Mr. Keenan was disappointed with the result although he was very happy with the style of football and attitude displayed by the players throughout the game.
NAIS Tigers U19 boys team players
- Joseph Chong 10.Martin Marchant Maranon
- Till Schloten, 11. Jeongwoo Kim
- Matthew Ward 12. Gerald Gan
- Simon Jensen 13.Kamogelo Thage
- George Magee
- Thomas Wallace
- Luca Ruisi
- Naser Dajani-Keenan
- Pranav Nagarajan
NAIS Tigers Team Fixtures and Training from Staurday 4th – 11th 2017
Saturday 4th March – NAIS Tigers U9 Netball team play their Shanghai Netball League fixtures at Dulwich College from 8.30am – 11.30am
Monday 6th March
- Monday 6th March – NAIS Tigers U13 FOBISIA Swim TeamTraining from 7.00am – 8.00am
- Monday 6th March – NAIS Tigers U13 FOBISIA Boys Basketball training in S Block Sportshall from 3.15 – 4.20pm
- Monday 6th March – NAIS Tigers U13 FOBISIA Girls Basketball training in B Block Sportshall from 3.15 – 4.20pm
- Monday 6th March – NAIS Tigers U11 FOBISIA Boys and Girls Football Team training from 3.15 – 4.20pm
- Monday 6th March – NAIS Tigers U19 Boys Football 11 A-side team Vs SAS Pudong at SAS Pudong. 4.15pm kick off and the game should end at 5.30pm
Tuesday 7th March
- Tuesday 7th March - NAIS Tigers Primary FOBISIA Swim TeamTraining from 7.00am – 8.00am
- Tuesday 7th March – NAIS Tigers U19 Girls football team training from 7.00am – 8.00am
- Tuesday 7th March – NAIS Tigers U14 C2 Girls Volleyball Team Vs Dulwich College @ Dulwich College; The C2 Girls Volleyball team will leave school at 3.15 and after the game will leave Dulwich College at 5.00pm to arrive back at school at approximately 5.45pm
- Tuesday 7th March - NAIS Tigers U14 C1 Girls Volleyball Team Vs Dulwich College @ NAIS Pudong Sports S from 3.15 – 5.00pm
- Tuesday 7th March – NAIS Tiger Sharks Blue Swim Team training from 3.15 – 4.20pm
Wednesday 8th March
- Wednesday 8th March – NAIS Tigers U13 FOBISIA Squad leave School at 6.30am and will be travelling to Kuala Lumpur
- Wednesday 8th March – NAIS Tiger Sharks Black Swim team training from 3.15 – 4.20pm
- Wednesday 8th March – NAIS Tigers U19 Boys Football team training from 3.15 – 5.00pm
Thursday 9th March
- Thursday 9th March - NAIS Tigers U13 Boys FOBISIA Football tournament @ Alice Smith School KL from 8.00am – 5.00pm
- Thursday 9th March – NAIS Tigers U13 Girls FOBISIA Basketball tournament @ Alice Smith School KL from 8.00am – 5.00pm
- Thursday 9th March – NAIS Tiger Sharks Blue Swim Team training from 3.15 – 4.20pm
- Thursday 9th March - NAIS Tigers U14 C1 Boys Volleyball Team training from 3.15 – 4.20pm
- Thursday 9th March – NAIS Tigers U11 Netball Team and U9 Netball Team training in Sportshall B from 3.15 – 4.15pm
- Thursday 9th March –U9 Rugby training from 3.15 – 4.15pm on the school sports field
- Thursday 9th March –U11 Rugby training from 3.15 – 4.15pm on the school sports field
Friday 10th March
- Friday 10th March - NAIS Tigers U13 Boys FOBISIA Basketball tournament @ Alice Smith School KL from 8.00am – 5.00pm
- Friday 10th March – NAIS Tigers U13 Girls FOBISIA Football tournament @ Alice Smith School KL from 8.00am – 5.00pm
- Friday 10th March – NAIS Tiger Sharks Black Swim team training from 3.15 – 4.20pm
- Friday 10th March – NAIS Tigers U11 Boys and Girls FOBISIA T-Ball training from 3.15 – 4.20pm
Saturday 11th March
- Saturday 11th March - NAIS Tigers U13 Boys & Girls FOBISIA Athletics Meet @ Alice Smith School KL from 8.00am – 12.00noon
- Saturday 11th March - NAIS Tigers U13 Boys & Girls FOBISIA Swim Meet @ Alice Smith School KL from 1.30pm – 5.30pm
- Saturday 11th March – NAIS Tigers U9 Netball team Shanghai Netball League End of SeasonTournament at NAIS Pudong from 8.15am – 12.15pm
- Saturday 11th March – NAIS Tigers U11 Netball Team Shanghai Netball League End of Season at Dulwich College, Suzhou; the team will leave school at 6.30am and drop off at Dulwich College Suzhou for 8.15am. Leave Dulwich Colelge Suzhou at approximately 2.00pm to arrive back at school for 3.30pm
Director of Sport