We are seeking an experienced, talented and dynamic school leader to work in partnership with the Principal and through the Heads of School to drive the school’s next chapter of success. Shanghai is a highly competitive environment for international schools and we are a very significant part of the Nord Anglia Education family. The new Vice Principal will be expected to support the Principal and, specifically:
- Be committed to achieving the best possible outcomes for every child and young person in our care.
- Ensure we deliver on our three promises: a warm welcome, exciting experiences and academic achievement.
- Relentlessly pursue outstanding academic performance for the many, not the few.
- Understand how to blend the best of premium British education with contemporary international thinking to create a distinctive positioning for the school.
- Lead with a strategic and decisive style, suitable for a successful, large school.
- Possess a creative and pragmatic mind with the ability to lead innovations in teaching and learning and the broader activity of the school.
- Support the marketing and admissions process of the school with passion and an adherence to quality. Demonstrate a flair for developing managerial and educational talent.
- Establish and maintain an ethos within all academic teams which places high performance as the key driver of their work.
- Manage financial budgets with astuteness and engage and contribute successfully in a corporate team environment.
- Promote our values through the opportunities we offer, the impact we make, the leadership we demonstrate and the respect we think everyone deserves.
- Respect, appreciate and understand a variety of cultures and societies.
The Vice Principal will be an important member of Nord Anglia Education’s Senior Leadership Team, driving the progression of the organisation by sharing good practice, innovation and support across the family of schools. We also see the role as key to providing a succession opportunity for those interested in a career as a Principal in the next 2 – 5 years. You will also benefit from our contemporary approach to continuous professional development. An attractive remuneration package is available which will include a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Closing date: Friday 5 December 2014.
Applications should contain a CV, letter of application explaining your educational and leadership philosophy and the details of two professional referees.