Pleased To Meet You...Cathy Xu
06 May 2014
This week we spoke to Cathy Xu, our secondary school receptionist, and found out a bit more about her…
- How long have you been working at BISS Puxi? I’m new to the team, I’ve been here just over a month now.
- What do you enjoy most about working here? Everything! I like the pupils here: young, energetic and very well-mannered. I like the teaching staff and all my colleagues who are professional and always very friendly. I just like the whole atmosphere working in a school.
- Where are you from? Dalian. It’s a coastal city in the northeast of China, an hour and forty-five minutes from Shanghai by plane. We have lots of seafood there. I would be happy to give you some tips if anyone would like to travel there.
- What is your favourite thing to do in Shanghai? I like plants and flowers, so whenever I’ve got time at weekends and holidays, I go to parks with my cousin. We also visit the zoo quite often; I like to see all the animals. Back at home we used to have a little dog who I miss a lot!
- Who is your favourite author? The first English novel I read was “Wuthering Heights”, which made me a fan of the Bronte Sisters. I was really into this novel and even changed my English name to Cathy. As for Chinese literature, I love “The Story of the Stone” by Cao Xueqin, I used to stay up late reading it back in secondary school.