The Institute of Education (IOE)’s Confucius Institute for Schools, part of the University of London, is holding a photography competition to celebrate Confucius Institute Day.
They are looking for photographs showing the vibrancy, colour, ancient and modern contrasts and surprising sights that China has to offer every day.
There are 4 different categories you can enter photographs into:
Single Photograph Categories
- “Colours and Contrasts of China”
- “Street Life”
- “Unexpected China”
- “Impressions of China” a collection of five photographs
Each individual photograph must include a title and a brief description and the portfolio entry must include 100 words, describing your experience.
Prizes will be awarded to the top two entries in each category and your photographs will be displayed in a gallery exhibition at the IOE in London to celebrate Confucius Institute Day on 27 September.
To enter, just send your photograph along with the description to firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com by Saturday 13 September.
Don’t forget to share it with us too. You could send it to your class teacher, upload it to our Facebook page or share it on Instagram and tag it #bisspuxi.
Below are some more details about how to enter the competition. Good Luck!
- Entry is free
- Competition is open to anyone 18 years old or under, until Saturday 13 September 2014
- All entries must be your own work
- Images must not be digitally altered
- Only digital images can be accepted
- Up to 5 individual photographs are allowed
- Parents’ permission to enter is required if you are under 16