The house competition profile has improved considerably this year and the children are very excited about the prospect of competing in house teams. Please ensure that they are wearing the appropriate colour T-shirt for their house. If you are unsure of their house colour, please contact their class teacher.
KS2 Schedule of Events
- 8.45am: Pupils to gather in house areas
- 9.00am: Field events begin (please click here to view the full class schedule)
- 12.20pm: Field events conclude
- 12.30pm: Packed Lunch provided by school
- 1.15pm: Pupils move inside the track to support their house teammates during the sprints
- 1.30pm: Sprints begin – bronze/silver/gold to be presented after each heat
- 3.30pm: Event close – presentation of house cup.
Our Sports Leaders and Refreshments
We are proud to announce that many of the events will be co-ordinated by our Secondary Sports Leaders. They do a fantastic job in the heat and hustle of a very busy day so please show them the respect and support they deserve.
Again, the children and the school would love to see you at the event and am sure will perform with more rigour and a bigger smile knowing you are present. On each day, children will be provided with a special ‘sporting’ lunch to help celebrate the day.
Our very own ‘Chatterbox cafe’ will be providing refreshments and light snacks for parents throughout the day for all events. We will also have a variety of food vendors on site for the event when parents will be invited to sit and picnic with their child/children during the lunch break. These vendors will only serve parents and are not permitted to serve children on the day. This will enable you to share in the children successes but also stay on site for the duration of the event to watch the afternoon sprints.
Please look out for further information in the week preceding the event and we look forward to seeing you all there.