As the children have begun to start the planning and developing aspects of their building topics this week we would like to invite any parents that might have any experience in this area, such as architects, planners or surveyors to come in and talk to the children about their job.
- Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. Girls should wear plain white socks and boys should wear black or grey socks. You can review the school’s uniform policy at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/our-students/student-life/our-school-uniform
- Please can you provide your child with a light rain jacket on days where rain is forecast. To minimise the amount of time children are inside the classroom, the children will go outside for playtimes during light rain.
- PE and swimming are a core part of our curriculum. All children should take part unless they have a note from a doctor or a parent to excuse them. When children are not taking part, we ask that they still bring their PE kit as we can adapt the lesson for them. We can often include them in the lesson as a coach, a referee or to give feedback to others. If your child would be swimming, they should bring their normal PE kit.
- ECA/BISCAP Please inform the class teacher via a note in your child’s Communication Book if your child’s arrangements change for BISCAP, ECA or end of the day pick up.
- Security: Thank you to all of you who have applied for our new security badges. Due to some technical difficultes the production of the badges has been delayed. We are working as fast as possible to get the badges to you. Thank you for your patience.
In Literacy this week the children will be learning to write shape poems to tie in with their work on shape in Maths. The children will write a poem and edit it with a friend and then think about which is the best shape to present their poem on. Examples of shape poems can be found here https://www.youngwriters.co.uk/types-shape-poem you may wish to discuss these examples with your child.
MATHS AND THEMED LEARNING
This week Themed Learning and Maths will be taught together as the children become builders. In Themed Learning and Maths we will be making a replica of the giant model of Shanghai that the children saw at the Urban Planning Museum. We will use clay to make the models and the children will learn to join clay and add details using clay tools. In Maths, the children will learn the names and properties of 2D and 3D shapes and then apply this knowledge to choosing the most appropriate shapes for their model, for example a triangular prism for an old roof or a square based pyramid for a modern building. The children will then photograph their building and label the shapes they have used in their Maths book.
The children will be focusing on expressing their ideas, opinions and views with confidence.
Literacy – adjective, nouns, rhyme, rhythm.
Math’s – 2D shapes, 3D shapes, quarter and halves.
Humanities – clay, joining, patterns, malleable, stretchy.
De voorbije 2 weken hebben heel wat verschillende circusartiesten opgetreden in de circusparade. Deze week kiezen we onze favoriete circusartiest. We maken een lijst met de nodige attributen voor onze circusact en verdiepen ons in het leven van een circusartiest. Waar woont een circusartiest? Moet een circusartiest ook naar school?
Elke dinsdag gaan we met de Nederlandse klas naar de bibliotheek. De Estafettemap mag mee naar school op dezelfde dag.
Prettig weekend gewenst!
Year2 Sea Lion
Key Sentences: 我家有wo jia you…/There are ……in my family.
Homework: Worksheet of family members
Year2 Sea Horse
Topic: What’s your name？
Homework: Finish a questionnaire
Year2 Sea Star
Topic: Lesson 4 Colours-Continued
Key Words: 粉 fen/pink; 黑 hei/black; 黄 huang/yellow; 绿l/green; 红hong/red; 蓝lan/blue; 白bai/white
Homework: Read the words on P20 and sing the song on P22.