Please join us for our International Week Parade on Friday 25 March. The children can come to school dressed to represent a country of their choice. Face paint and flags are warmly encouraged. The parade will start at 9am and we would love to see you there.
- Thank you to all the parents who have volunteered to share delicious food from their home country! We (the children and certainly the teachers) are greatly looking forward to the International Week Food Fair on Tuesday 22 March.
- As some of you may be returning home for the Easter vacation we would like to inform you about future dressing up days. This may give you an opportunity to purchase any clothes for these special events. In Term 3 we will have a special Charlie and the Chocolate Factory day which will link to our Themed Learning topic. Children will be able to dress up in a costume that is related to this book by Roald Dahl!
- Uniform: Please remember that children should not be wearing leggings, boots or hoodies. They should be wearing school jumpers/cardigans/fleeces and NOT non-uniform versions. Information is available on the Primary Parent Handbook on the website.
- Term 3 BISCAP/ECA/BISS LIONS Swimming – Online registration opens 11 March and closes 21 March. Please register for Term 3 online.
- Term 2 BISCAP/ECA/BISS LIONS Swimming end 18 March.
This week in Literacy the children will be applying their learning on the structure and purpose of letters by writing to Mary Aning. They will start by creating a Facebook page for this famous paleontologist and then using their knowledge of her life to re-enact interviews before writing to her.
In Maths we will be covering data handling. This will cover collecting information in tables, transferring this into bar charts and pictograms, and finally using their presented data to answer questions.
Our final unit this term is linked to International Week. We will be looking at Myths and Legends from Europe. Our focus myth will be Daedalus and Icarus, where the children will be taking on the role of Daedalus and creating their own marble run maze for others to play!
With International Week, it is a perfect time for the children to think about their place in the world and how other countries are similar or different to their home country and China.
Literacy – letter, greeting, sign off, signature, introduction, conclusion, body, heading, address
Maths– data, information, bar chart, pictogram, table, tally, more, less, how many
Themed Learning – creator, inventor, designer
Dit was het nieuws
De Razende Reporters van SDS zijn ontzettend druk met het verzamelen van het laatste nieuws. Daarbij staan belangrijke zaken als nieuwswaarde en het schrijven van een spannende, pakkende en uitdagende kop centraal.
De leerlingen van Y3 t/m Y6 leren schrijven aan de hand van een schrijfplan. Het plannen van het schrijven van een tekst is een zeer belangrijke vaardigheid en belangrijk voor het ontwikkelen van de schrijfvaardigheid.
Bi(e)bbezoek en Estafette
Denk aan het meenemen van de bi(e)bboeken op maandag (Year 3, 5 en 6) en dinsdag (Year 4). Estafette doen we op maandag (Year 3, 5 en 6) en donderdag (Year 4).
Topic: Lesson 7 Hobby (1): Music
Students will be able to express the music activities they like
Topic: Lesson 10 Time-Text 1
Students will be learning how to tell the time
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Caldwell
Next week we will be revising our vocabulary and knowledge and understanding of the Topics covered in Term 1 and Term 2. We will be practising talking, listening and writing basic sentences.
Homework: To complete a revision activity on feelings and emotions.
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Sutton
Next week we will be continuing on our topic about food. Children will be using the cooking room to recreate some typical Spanish food (vegetarian).
Homework this week is to complete the dialogue ordering from a restaurant and then create your own!