Thursday 5 November 11.00 -11.45: Year 4 ‘Inventions’ Learning Showcase -The students of year 4 would like to show you what they have been learning about and creating in class.
- ECA/BISCAP - Please inform the class teacher via a note in your child’s Communication Book if your child’s arrangements change for BISCAP, ECA or end of the day pick up. As changes involve a disruption to normal routines this helps us support you in getting your child home safely.
- Security - Our new security system is still at the trial stage. Adults only should use the glass gates to enter and exit the school; children should use the metal gates to the side. If you are concerned that your child is young and you want to be with them then please accompany them through the metal gates. Thank you for your support.
- Uniform - Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. Girls should wear plain white socks and boys should wear black or grey socks. You can review the school’s uniform policy at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/our-students/student-life/our-school-uniform Now that it is colder in the mornings please remember that children should not be wearing leggings, boots or hoodies. They should be wearing school jumpers/cardigans/fleeces and NOT non-uniform versions. Information is available on the Primary Parent Handbook on the website.
- Snack box and Water bottles - Please remember to send in and label your child’s snack box and water bottle. Parent Helpers: We are always grateful for parents who are willing to come in to help read with children, help in the Dinner Hall, make resources etc. Please let your class teacher know if you are available.
- After School Contact System - New information about this has been added to the website to help at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/after-school-contact-system. Please ensure that your child’s class teacher is aware of any changes to regular going home arrangements early in the day by writing details in your child’s Communication Book.
- Year 4 will now go into the Dining Hall to eat lunch at 1.05pm.
- Book Week: Information about the Book Week which is week beginning Monday 2 November is being sent out today. Please be aware of all the exciting activities that are taking place.
- Book Fair: This year the Book Fair, where you can buy books, will take place in school from Thursday 19-Saturday 21 November. More information to follow.
- Visiting Poet: Nick Tozeck will be working with children on Monday 9-Tuesday 10 November.
The children will be creating their own narrative stories that include fantasy creatures and will focus on the resolution of problems between characters. The spelling focus of the week is words that have prefixes (un-, re-, dis, pre-.)
In Maths this week we will be looking at measures with a focus on length. The children will be using a ruler to measure accurately in both mm and cm and then use this skill to find the perimeter of regular and irregular shapes. They will find the best way to calculate perimeter when they have a regular shape with sides of the same length and then transfer this knowledge to investigations involving perimeter. This will lead onto converting lengths between mm, cm and m using their knowledge of multiplying and dividing by 10 and 100. We will end the week with some problem solving activities involving length and measures where the children will be using a range of skills to work collaboratively and independently.
In Themed Learning, we will continue to make our Electrical Toys. Some of the projects are beginning to look really promising! Some classes have been busy in the Art Room making their toys colourful and artistic.
The children will then begin to write explanations of how their toys work, in preparation for presenting them at the Parent's Showcase. In Art, students will be exploring fantasy worlds. They will use chalk and pastels to create their own fantasy worlds based on common features of existing art work.
Students will be looking at how they should handle their feelings in different situations.
Literacy – narrative, problem, resolution, conflict, character, setting
Maths – Measure, length, millimeter, centimeter, metre, perimeter, multiply, divide
Themed Learning – evaluate, complete, adjustment, teamwork, explanation
Dames en Heren, Hooggeëerd publiek...!
We richten ons de komende week op het circussmoelenboek, waarin alle circusberoepen de revue passeren. Ook werken we aan de individuele circusact. We maken een gedetailleerde beschrijving van de act en oefenen de act in.
We lezen in de klas uit het boek De dikke bende van de Korenwolf en de vondst van het stiekeme circus.
Kijk voor inspiratie én instructie (acrobaten, jongleurs) het volgende filmpje van Ketnet over een circusshow: Ketnet
Denkt u op maandag (Y3 , Y5, Y6) of donderdag (Y4) aan het biebboek en de Estafettemap? Voor Year 4 hebben we de dag veranderd. Dit kwam beter uit in de planning.
Volgende week maandag en dinsdag zullen er wat lessen vervangen worden door andere docenten van BISS Puxi i.v.m. de inspectie. Dank voor uw begrip!
Een heel fijn weekend!
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Caldwell
The children will be investigating how Halloween is celebrated in Spain. They will learn subject vocabulary and will talk about costumes.
Homework: Spooky matching game
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Sutton
Next week we will be looking at countries around the world and focussing on those that are Spanish speaking. Homework this week is to complete the small activity on countries and to try and complete some activities on Linguascope (username: bisspuxi; Password: bissmfl).
Year 3 / 4 French – Miss Rae
Next week we will be finishing our unit on colours and classroom objects.
Homework: Complete the picture using the colours and numbers written.
Year 3/ 4 French: Miss Wood / Ms Lawler
Next week in French students will finish off the recap of Rigolo 1 and will start the next unit. This includes: personal greetings, talking about brothers and sisters and talking in the third person. Their homework this week is to practise expressions using ‘Je voudrais’ and the food they would like.
Topic: Lesson 11 Three Meals a Day-Continued
Key Words: 中餐zhong can/Chinese dish；西餐xi can/Western dish；早餐zao can/breakfast；午餐wu can/lunch；晚餐wan can/dinner；一般yi ban/normally
Homework: Design a menu for a restaurant.
Topic: Lesson 2 Subjects of Study
The students will be able to describe the subjects they like / dislike.
Homework: Interview your friends
Topic: Lesson 5 Age
This week we start to learn the topic of age.
Homework: Practise the new words of lesson 5.