- We kindly ask that parents stay in the playground in the mornings and encourage their child to come up to their classroom with their teacher and class.
- Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. Girls should wear plain white socks and boys should wear black or grey socks. You can review the school’s uniform policy at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/our-students/student-life/our-school-uniform.
- Please remember to send in and label your child’s snack box and water bottle, as well as a hat during the hot weather.
- Homework will be given out on Wednesdays and expected in on Mondays. Last week the homework was optional and entries can be brought in.
- If for any reason your child is unable to take part in PE, please send a signed message in your child’s communication book. Your child still needs to bring in their PE kit to enable them to participate as a coach, an official or to give feedback. If your child would be swimming, they should bring their normal PE kit.
- ECA and BISCAP confirmation letters will be distributed on 31 August. Both programmes will begin on Monday 4th September.
This week the children will continue to learn all about labels, lists and captions. We will be reading and exploring non-fiction texts about keeping our bodies healthy. We will be labelling the different parts of the body and we will write captions to go with them. We will be focusing on letter formation and finger spaces. We will also write a list of the different things we need to bring to school each day.
title, non-fiction, book, labels, lists, captions, information, keeping healthy, body parts.
In Maths, children will continue practising their counting, number recognition and number formation. They will also begin to learn about one more and one less than a number. Children will focus on how to use a number line/ number square to help them with this.
Numbers, counting, number formation, one more, one less, forwards, backwards, numberline, hundred/number square.
This term Year 1 will be learning all about the theme ‘Me, Myself and I’. They will focus on getting to know their new friends.
This week we will focus on learning the names of the different parts of the body and we will learn all about the things people need to help them grow up to be strong and healthy. Children will also learn about the different food groups and the importance of eating a healthy diet.
Keeping health, healthy diet, growing, changing, body parts, food groups.
COMPUTER PROGRAMMING AND DIGITAL LITERACY
This week, children will be learning how to log themselves on and off of a computer or laptop. They will focus on learning how to type the Year 1 user name and password and will pratise their skills when moving the mouse. Within class, they will also be learning how to use the ipads correctly and safely.
Computer, laptop, keyboard, mouse, screen, log in, password, ipad.
With many new children joining our classes, we will be focusing as a year group on settling into our new environment with particular emphasis on fostering new friendships and establishing golden rules. We will also focus on how we can keep healthy by washing our hands.
Positive, rule, safe, friendships, keeping healthy.