- Da Vinci Centre - Year 1 will be in the Da Vinci Centre this week undertaking their STEAM learning challenge for their topic ‘Around the World in 80 Days’.
- ECAs cancelled Tuesday 6 and Thursday 8 March due to Parent Consultations after school (please double check your appointment times).
- International Week – Week beginning 26 March. Please join us on:
- Monday 26 March 8:25am in the Primary Playground as we begin our International Week with a song.
- Thursday 29 March 9:00am for our International Parade, we encourage all children (and adults) to come dressed in special clothing from their home country. Our Chatterbox café will be open for refreshments during this time.
In Literacy this week we are looking at postcards. The children will learn the format and key vocabulary necessary for postcard writing and then apply this knowledge by writing postcards themselves. They will focus on key punctuation such as full stops, question marks and exclamation marks. Our traditional tale will be Jack and the Beanstalk.
Dear, from, P.S., postcard, stamp, holiday, full stops, question marks and exclamation marks
In Maths this week we will continue to learn about multiplication. Children will be looking mainly at multiplication through repeated addition. We will also continue to learn to count in 2s, 10s and 5s.
Multiplication, times, multiply, repeated addition
As our theme study of ‘Around the World in 80 days’ continues, this week we will be in the Da Vinci Centre bringing all of our learning together in an exciting STEAM learning task. The children will work together in teams to create a gridmap of a country or continent of their choosing including famous landmarks or experiences. They will then code their Beebots to visit these landmarks. This task will see the children practise design thinking and creative collaboration.
Asia, Africa, North and South America, Antartica, Europe, Australia, landmark, creativity, design
COMPUTER PROGRAMMING AND DIGITAL LITERACY
We are continuing with coding for the coming weeks. The children will now look at inputting information with an increased independence. Within the unit the children will be looking at developing the movement of objects operated from the instructions that they decide.
Coding, code, input, directions, buttons
Our PSHE theme this week is COMPASSION. Children will be learning what compassion means and about mindfulness and empathy. Children will be exploring what empathy means and in what situations we feel empathy and how we can help in those situations.
Compassion, kindness, empathy, mindfulness
Deze week brengen we alles in voorbereiding voor het SDS TAALstraattheater! We schrijven onze tekst voor onze act, ontwerpen het decor en bespreken de verschillende scènes in ons verhaal.
De letter van de week is de sch- !
Mandarin Y1 MNDC1/C2-Ms Zhou and Ms Zhang
Homework for this weekend: Complete the worksheet
Next week we will learn vocabulary related to our daily activities.
Key sentence pattern: ‘我每天wo meitian……/ I … everyday’.
Mandarin Y1 MNDC3-Ms Dai
Homework for this weeknd: Read the poem then draw pictures.
Next week we will be talking about family members.
Mandarin Y1 MNDCN-Ms Wang and Ms He