- Homework will be given out on Wednesdays and expected in on Mondays.
- Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. Girls should wear plain white socks and boys should wear black or grey socks. You can review the school’s uniform policy here.
- Please remember to send in and label your child’s snack box and water bottle, as well as a hat during the hot weather.
- Tanzania Day - Friday 20 October, please donate 20RMB to raise funds for Kitefu Primary School. You can dress in the Tanzania flag colours, something linked with safari or just be creative!
- Giving Tree -
Each year, Giving Tree aims to provide children in need with a gift bag full of winter clothes and school supplies. The hope is that these children will one day pay it forward
and give to others. A programme of the Community Center Shanghai, it keeps the children’s preferences in mind with individualised bags and gives our students the opportunity
to hand deliver bags to the children who will benefit from them.
• This year the Giving Tree bags will be pre-filled, which will cost RMB185 and you are required to purchase a toy and an educational book for approximately RMB70.
• Alternatively, families can donate RMB250 for all items to be brought on their behalf.
• If you would like to participate, please sign-up by visiting the link below by Friday 27 October 2017.
Online payment for The Giving Tree
• Alternatively, you can make a cash payment in the school Uniform Shop.
• Bags will be sent home with your son/daughter and should be returned to school by Wednesday 15 November 2017.
• Bags will include instructions, helpful information and a gift card.
This year we have committed to fill 600 bags. If you have any queries, please contact Ling Coong (email@example.com).
After the excitement of the Da Vinci Centre, we have a more ‘normal’ week coming up. In Literacy, the children will be learning about information texts. We will begin by looking at the similairities and differences between fiction and non-fiction books, and outlining what non-fiction really means. The children will then discuss and highlight key features of information texts, before moving onto thinking about how to paragraph and arrange information. We will then begin to research our own information on the daily life of Romans, linking in with our new topic.
Information, text, heading, title, picture, caption, paragraph
This week in maths the children will be focusing on multiplication and division. They will explore a range of mental strategies as well as more formal written methods of calculation. They will apply their gained knowledge when undertaking problem solving activities. Furthermore, they will also learn strategies to help them decide what operation is required in word problems. It would be helpful if the children could practise their times tables at home to help them with this week’s activities.
Multiply, times, factor, divide, groups, share
This week we’re starting our new theme – The Romans! The first week will be an introduction to the topic. We’ll begin by creating a timeline with all of the important Roman events. In geography, we will locate Italy on a map and begin to look at the Roman Empire across the world.
Roman Empire, conquered, Julius Caesar, invasion
COMPUTER PROGRAMMING AND DIGITAL LITERACY
The children will be continuing on from their Da Vinci Centre work by using the ‘Green Screen’ app to create a video outlining their projects, and the different successes of them.
Green Screen, background, input, voice, clear, edit
We zijn helemaal in de ban van ons thema: “Gruwelijk Eng”
In de klas maken de leerlingen een gruwelijk vies recept. Het wordt te vies om het ook echt te maken!
De leerling werken ook nog aan de opdrachten voor de kinderboekenweek. Op de display hangt een grote `Gruwelijk Enge Kinderboekenbingo` waar al het bewijsmateriaal van de gemaakte opdrachten opgehangen wordt. Zoals je kunt zien, wordt er hard gewerkt. Elke dag komen er nieuwe foto`s en posters bij.
Omdat de leerlingen werken aan de opdrachten van de kinderboekenweek hoeven ze deze weken geen Nieuwsbegrip te doen.
Year 3 / 4 French – Ms De Borger
Next week we will continue our `Monsieur Gentil ` topic. The children will start recording the story on the iPad, using the story scenes and the props we`ve made in class.
This week`s homework will be labelling the different parts of the story scene of Monsieur Gentil.
Key vocabulary: gentil, le bateau, la maison, la promenade, le cochon, le mouton, la chèvre, les poules, la vache, le chat, le chien, les enfants, ne…pas
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Watson
Next week, we will be continuing our study of animals and describing them.
Year 3 / 4 Spanish - Ms Martinez
Next week we will be learning about different animals.
This week’s homework is to write up a conversation between two people using greetings we have learned in class.
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Lara
This week’s homework is about naming body parts.
Next week’s class will be about adjective agreement.
Year 3/ 4 Native German – Ms Welz
Als Hausuafgabe sollen die Kinder diese Woche über Paulines Ferien schreiben (Booklet S. 9, Nr. 2) und einen Eintrag im Lesetagebuch machen. Nächste Woche werden die Kinder über ein eigenes Erlebnis schreiben und wir werden beginnen, Wörter nach Wortarten zu erkennen und zu unterscheiden.
Year 3/ 4 Mandarin MND04L1 - Ms Wang
Homework for this weekend: Complete sentence writing of texts P1—P5 and read aloud
Next week we will continue the topic “Is this your panda?” and focus on texts P6—P10 sentence writing.
Year 3/ 4 Mandarin MAND04L2 - Ms Liu
This weekend’s homework will be to complete word search puzzle on the topic ,and practise writing the key words “红、黄”.
Next week, we will continue with the story ”One two three store” in the YCT 2 book 3 and focus on learning how to use the particle “真”(really) .
Year 3/ 4 Mandarin MND04L3 - Ms Zhou
Homework for this week: Worksheet for practising sentence pattern:______是谁？(Who is it?)
Next week we will learn how to do self-introduction in Chinese .