- Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. Girls should wear plain white socks and boys should wear black or grey socks. You can review the school’s uniform policy here.
- Please remember to send in and label your child’s snack box and water bottle, as well as a hat during the hot weather.
- If for any reason your child is unable to take part in PE, please send a signed message in your child’s communication book. Your child still needs to bring in their PE kit to enable them to participate as a coach, an official or to give feedback. If your child would be swimming, they should bring their normal PE kit.
- Tanzania Day - Friday 20 October, please donate 20RMB to raise funds for Kitefu Primary School. You can dress in the Tanzania flag colours, something linked with safari or just be creative!
Each year, Giving Tree aims to provide children in need with a gift bag full of winter clothes and school supplies. The hope is that these children will one day pay it forward
and give to others. A programme of the Community Center Shanghai, it keeps the children’s preferences in mind with individualised bags and gives our students the opportunity
to hand deliver bags to the children who will benefit from them.
• This year the Giving Tree bags will be pre-filled, which will cost RMB185 and you are required to purchase a toy and an educational book for approximately RMB70.
• Alternatively, families can donate RMB250 for all items to be brought on their behalf.
• If you would like to participate, please sign-up by visiting the link below by Friday 27 October 2017.
Online payment for The Giving Tree
• Alternatively, you can make a cash payment in the school Uniform Shop.
• Bags will be sent home with your son/daughter and should be returned to school by Wednesday 15 November 2017.
• Bags will include instructions, helpful information and a gift card.
This year we have committed to fill 600 bags. If you have any queries, please contact Ling Coong (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This week in Literacy we will be looking at explanation texts but with a twist. We will be reading about the ‘’Bedroom tidier’’ and the ‘’Teacher Pleaser’’ and looking at what features make these explanation texts. We will then write our own additional paragraphs to one, showing we can write in that style. Our grammar focus will be causal connectives related to the explanations.
Explanation text, features, causal connectives, style, concise
This week in Maths the children will explore area and perimeter or rectilinear shaoes as well as polygons. We will on our skills of calculating composite shapes and answer some challenging word problems by the end of the week, which we can relate to real life.
Area, perimeter, composite, rectilinear, calculate, shape
We will continue on with our science theme this week and look at separating mixtures. We will conduct our own investigation, deciding on which variable we would like to change. We will then build on this knowledge and connect the theory to our water theme.
Separate, filter, investigate, variable, independent, dependent
COMPUTER PROGRAMMING AND DIGITAL LITERACY
This week we will continue to practise our computer programming skills and discover more about Python coding, using the website Code For Life. The children will continue to learn how to code with real language that is used in industry today.
Python, commands, program, code, debug
In PSHCE this term we will be looking at resilience and to find solutions to problems for ourselves. Being independent is a skill we hope to develop throughout the year as it is an important part of growing up.
Resilience, independence, problems, solutions
We zijn helemaal in de ban van ons thema: “Gruwelijk Eng”
In de klas maken de leerlingen een gruwelijk vies recept. Het wordt te vies om het ook echt te maken!
De leerling werken ook nog aan de opdrachten voor de kinderboekenweek. Op de display hangt een grote `Gruwelijk Enge Kinderboekenbingo` waar al het bewijsmateriaal van de gemaakte opdrachten opgehangen wordt. Zoals je kunt zien, wordt er hard gewerkt. Elke dag komen er nieuwe foto`s en posters bij.
Omdat de leerlingen werken aan de opdrachten van de kinderboekenweek hoeven ze deze weken geen Nieuwsbegrip te doen.
Year 5/6 French – Mr. Bailie
This weekend’s homework will be to continue with the homework grid, choosing one homework task per week. Homework will be checked each week. Next week, the children will continue practising numbers and plurals, but now move onto simple sentences and connectives.
Key Vocabulary: un, deux, trois, lapin, chien, voici, et
Year 5/6 French - Ms Caldwell
This week’s homework is to choose a learning activity from our Homework Grid. Please upload this to our class SeeSaw account.
Next week, we will be continuing to learn animal vocabulary and use various adjectives to describe them and express our opinions about them. We will use additional grammar and language to create more complex sentences.
Year 5 / 6 French – Ms De Borger
Next week we will continue our housing topic. We will talk about our dream house, presenting the different rooms in the house. We will select our favourite room and make a model in a box for our next Seesaw project.
This week`s homework will be finishing the plan of your dream house and labelling the different rooms in the house. Bring a (shoe) box on Thursday to start working on the model of your favourite room!
Key Vocabulary: voici, la maison, la salle de bains, la cuisine, la salle à manger, le jardin, la piscine, la chambre, le jardin, l`étage
Year 5/6 Spanish - Ms Watson
For homework this weekend, the students are to continue with the projects outlined on Seesaw, practise speaking on Duolingo and Linguascope.
Next week the students will start a topic about school. It will cover subjects, classroom objects, opinions about teachers.
Year 5/6 Spanish - Dr Cattel
For homework this weekend, students should finish the poster on the verb ‘tener’ (to have)
Next week: Revision of ‘tener’ and we will be reading a short story
Year 5/6 Spanish - Ms Martinez
Next week we will learn about adjectival agreements.
This week’s homework is to revise the conjugated present tense of the verb tener.
Year 5/6 Native German – Ms. Welz
Als Hausuafgabe sollen die Kinder diese Woche einen Eintrag in ihrem Lesetagebuch machen.
Nächste Woche werden wir das Wortfeld „gehen“ erarbeiten und beginnen, Fantasiegeschichten zu schreiben.
Year 5/ 6 MND06L1 - Ms Wang
Homework for this weekend: Complete worksheet of creating four-grid story of “helping others make me happy”.
Next week we will finish topic “Helping others” and focus on reading texts aloud.
Year 5/ 6 Mandarin MND06L2 - Ms He
This weekend’s homework will be to complete word search puzzle on the topic ,and practise writing the key words “红、黄”.
Next week, we will continue with the story ”One two three store” in the YCT 2 book 3 and focus on learning how to use the particle “真”(really) .
Year 5/ 6 Mandarin MND06L3 - Ms Wong
This week’s homework is about introducing ourselves and others. .
Next week’s class will continue with the introduction of ourselves from YCT1 book 1 .
Year 5/ 6 Mandarin MND06LN - Ms Zhang