Firstly big thanks to Ms Liv and Ms Nel for organizing another wonderful International Day, one of the biggest events of the school year. Special thank you to parents who contributed to the cultural performances and food stalls, helping us embrace the special and united spirit found at Northbridge, remember 'We are many communities, but we are one!'.
At the meeting, the Parent Council (PC) gave feedback on ways to make the event even better next year:
- To improve organization, the PC suggests placing country flags on the wall of the gym so students and parents know exactly where to stand before the flag parade starts.
- The PC also suggests instead starting the flag parade from the walkway outside the Hub, with an announcer calling out each country's name when it's their turn to begin moving.
- To build atmosphere, suitable music should be played during the flag parade, and when the flag bearers go up on stage
- There were too many students trying to visit the food stalls at the same time, therefore the PC recommends next year Primary and Secondary students visit at different times
- The PC also suggests that the food stalls be allowed to stay set up and serve longer so that more students can visit them, which means replacing the normal snack and lunch services
Mr Richard appreciated the feedback and suggestions, and said he would pass them to Ms Liv and Ms Nel. We all look forward to the improvements for next International Day!