Every Year Group in our school is associated with a Community Partner, from Early Years right the way up to Year 13. Amongst those Community Partners we count the Baan Maelid Karen Hill Tribe, Women with a Mission, the Love Wildlife foundation, Kate’s Project Trust, The Father Ray Foundation, Sotpattana School for the Deaf, the Mechai Pattana School, and many more.
These relationships are not one-sided. The partnerships are a sharing of knowledge and understanding between two groups which come from very different backgrounds. Community Partnerships and the service-related experiences which they involve develop in our students an understanding of and appreciation for responsible citizenship and other valuable social and emotional life skills.
The partnerships have led to many exceptional student-centred projects over the last decade, including:
- An on-going project to build a community centre for the Sea Gypsies on the island of Koh Phi Phi
- A conservation project with the Elephant Nature Park in Chiang Mai
- A project with charity Women with a Mission to promote traditional sewing and weaving skills amongst displaced Burmese women in MaeSot
- A community development project with the Baan Maelid Hill Tribe School in Mae Hong Son
- On-going work with the Abundant Life Centre in Bang Saen, a home for children with HIV.