As an international school, with representatives from over 50 different nationalities, BISS Puxi is well placed to promote the messages of peace, tolerance and compassion for those less fortunate than ourselves.
Students were able to come into school in non-uniform, in exchange for a voluntary donation, and instead dress up for the day under the theme Peace and Love. Classes throughout the day were tailored towards the message of peace and money was raised for Save The Children through various fundraising activities run by the students.
The whole Primary school joined together today to help celebrate Peace One Day. The day began with year 6 singing a song of peace as the children walked into school dressed as hippies and with flowers in their hair. Then each class celebrated the day in their own way with a special peaceful project.
Early Years Cubs made special peaceful dens and thought about what makes a good peace place.
- Year 1 the children learnt new playground games to help their playtimes be more peaceful and friendly.
- Year 2 made huge doves and decorated them with feathers with their peaceful message written on it.
- Year 3 brought their ideas of peace to life through writing and performing poems on the topic of Peace.
- Year 4 wrote, rapped and sung their own message of peace when composing and performing their own songs.
- Year 5 became campaigners for peace when they looked at people who have bought peace to the world and then used their ideas to write their own Speech about the importance of peace.
- Year 6 produced their own video about Peace as part for a wider project looking at World War 2.
In Secondary, students learned about the geopolitical reasons for war, they sang songs of peace, learned about famous peacemakers in History and about the importance of effective communication.
The students all had a great day exploring the topic of peace and took on board the importance of the message. Fundraising from the non-uniform donation and other activities raised RMB 15,600 which is being donated to Save The Children. It was a truly wonderful day which united our community.