- Please remember to inform us if your child will not be in school. If this is for any illness, it is very important that you inform your class teacher so that we can ensure illnesses do not spread.
- School Photographs - You can still order pictures and have them delivered before the end of term. There are two deadlines - 26 May and 2 June. If you have registered at www.pret-a-portrait.net , still have your viewing card, or kept a record of your Sitting ID you can still order pictures online right now. Alternatively if none of these applies please contact Pret-a-Portrait directly on 0800 021 7626 or email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> or contact the school office.
- Next week all children should bring an old sock to school for our science experiment with bubbles.
Science week has been really exciting, so we will be continuing our scientific experiments again this week! We will be exploring different textures and consistencies and how these can change in different circumstances. From water and soap to bubbles and a hard chocolate bar to warm melted liquid, the Nursery cubs will be looking at how and why they change.
This week the children will continue to examine things in relation to their length and weight. We will be looking at who is the tallest person in our class and who is the shortest? What is the heaviest thing that we can find? What is the lightest? The children will be encouraged to share and record their findings to promote language and literacy skills also.
UNDERSTANDING THE WORLD
Continuing on from our work on “sink ing and floating’’ last week, the children will be looking at why somethings float while others sink. The children will be encouraged to explore ways that we can protect any objects that would sink by making them waterproof. Children will be invited to create their own waterproof device and then test the results of it in a tub of water.
Our literacy this week will link in with the cooking and experimenting that we will be doing with chocolate bars. This week the children will be encouraged to create recipes for their very own chocolate cakes. Children will be asked to write and draw the ingredients of their cake, the steps to make it and what they expect the finished product to look and feel like.
De peuters en kleuters buigen zich deze week over de kunst van het tanden poetsen. Hoeveel keer per dag poets jij je tanden? Hoe houd je je tandenborstel vast? Maar de meest prangende vraag...ben jij al es naar de tandarts geweest?
Theme: Under The Sea海底世界
- Three Little Fish 三条鱼 （san tiao yu）
- We Are Fish Friends鱼儿好朋友(yu er hao peng you)
- Rainbow Fish 彩虹鱼 (cai hong yu)
- Oh Ocean大海啊大海 (da hai da hai)
- Make a Rainbow Fish Craft
- Do a Fish Dance with the “Three Little Fish” song (looking for fish friends)
Sea大海( da hai), Fish鱼(yu), Jellyfish水母(shui mu), Octopus章鱼 (zhang yu), turtle海龟(hai gui), coral 珊瑚(shan hu)