Superhero day was a big success! Children enjoyed dressing up in their costumes and the Year 1 team would like to thank Billy Tan for coming in to work with the children. The children were able to draw some fantastic superheroes. Please look at our blog for photos from the day.
- Once again we would like to welcome all students and parents back to BISS at the beginning of our exciting new term.
- Bus/Pick up arrangements- If your child’s end of day arrangements have change this term, please inform your child’s class teacher.
- International Week begins on Monday 21 March and the whole school parade is on Friday 25 March. Pupils will be asked to come in wearing the colours of their flag or any national dress associated with your country.
- ECA/BISCAP/BISSLIONS Swimming Term 2: will start the week commencing 11 January.
- Uniform: Now that it is colder in the mornings please remember that children should not be wearing leggings, boots or hoodies. They should be wearing school jumpers/cardigans/fleeces and NOT non-uniform versions. Information is available on the Primary Parent Handbook on the website. Girls are allowed to wear leggings instead of tights on Swimming/PE days only.
In Literacy this week, we will be continuing with our Superhero theme. We will be writing captions to go with our Superhero comic/cartoon strips. We will be focusing on using a variety of different puncutuation, connectives, openers and adjectectives.
This week in phonics we will be revisiting and reviewing the sounds from last term. We will also be establishing groups for the coming the new term. Some children may change teacher/group. Information regarding this, will go home via communication books.
In Maths this week the children will be learning about doubling. They will practise counting in twos, doubling 1 and 2 digit numbers and looking at the relationship between doubling and halving.
This week in our Themed Learning lessons we will continue to focus on Superheroes! We will be thinking about what makes someone a superhero, what kind of heroes we have in real life and what materials make good superhero costumes! We will also look at making a superhero setting for our characters we have invented!
As part of our new start to the term, the children will continue to welcome and help new students to settle in. We will also be revisiting our school rules and how to keep ourselves safe.
Literacy – Superhero, caption, comic/cartoon strip, adventure, punctuation, connectives, openers, adjectives.
Maths– Doubling, doubles, halving, counting in twos, numbers.
Themed Learning – Superhero, materials, characters, costumes, clothes, dressing up, designing, making.
Deze week bakken we nog meer koekjes met Mannetje Koek en stellen we een lekker koekrecept samen. Ons `koek`- boek wordt ingevuld met lekkere woorden! We oefenen alle gekende klanken van de letterlijn in en lezen woorden met de klank `oe`.
Year1 Sea Horse
Topic: Animals (1) -Continued
Key Characters: 猫mao/cat；狗gou/dog；乌龟wu gui/tortoise；金鱼jin yu/gold fish；猴子 hou zi/monkey；老虎 lao hu/tiger；熊猫 xiong mao/panda；
Key Sentences: 你喜欢什么动物？Ni xihuan shenme dongwu/ What animals do you like?
我喜欢Wo xi huan …… / I like…
Activities: Make and read a booklet about animals
Year1 Sea Star
Topic: Lesson 5 Daily Necesslities
Key Words: 牙刷 yashua /tooth brush; 牙膏yagao/toothpasta; 毛巾maojini/ towel; 镜子 jingzi/mirror; 杯子beizi/cup; 肥皂 feizao/soap
Homework: Read the words on P26 and sing the song on P28 and do the worksheet.