Please can you provide your child with a light rain jacket on days where rain is forecast. To minimise the amount of time children are inside the classroom, the children will go outside for playtimes during light rain.
- As the children have begun to start the planning and developing aspects of their building topics this week we would like to invite any parents who might have experience in this area, such as architects, planners or surveyors to come in and talk to the children about their job.
- PE and swimming are a core part of our curriculum. All children should take part unless they have a note from a doctor or a parent to excuse them. When children are not taking part, we ask that they still bring their PE kit as we can adapt the lesson for them. We can often include them in the lesson as a coach, a referee or to give feedback to others. If your child would be swimming, they should bring their normal PE kit.
- ECA/BISCAP Please inform the class teacher via a note in your child’s Communication Book if your child’s arrangements change for BISCAP, ECA or end of the day pick up.
- Security: Thank you to all of you who have applied for our new security badges. Due to some technical difficulties the production of the badges has been delayed. We are working as fast as possible to get the badges to you. Thank you for your patience.
- Uniform: Now that it is colder in the mornings please remember that children should not be wearing leggings, boots or hoodies. They should be wearing school jumpers/cardigans and NOT non-uniform versions. Information is available on the Primary Parent Handbook on the website.
- Uniform sale: We will be having a Used Uniform Stall as part of the upcoming PTA Christmas Fair being held in school on Saturday 28 November. Please bring any clean, good quality, old uniforms to the Primary Reception over the next few weeks. Y12 will be running the stall with the support of parents and proceeds will go towards their fundraising.
In Literacy we will continue our unit of work on fantasy stories. We will concentrate on developing a fantasy setting that would be appropriate for the character the children created last week. The children will use a range of verbs and adjectives to ensure that their writing maintains the reader’s interest.
In Maths the children will begin to learn about multiplication. They will begin to develop their understanding of this concept by investigating multiplication as repeated addition. For instance 3x4 can be seen as 3+3+3+3. The expectation is that children should know at least the 2, 5 and 10 times table by the end of year of year 2.
In Themed Learning the children will learn about the architecture, art and design of Gaudi. They will learn about how art and design transformed Barcelona. They will then learn how to use collage skills to create a mosaic that they can use to decorate their building. They will create these designs and buildings in small groups so they can develop their ability to work collaboratively.
The children will be focusing on expressing their ideas, opinions and views with confidence.
Literacy – characters, fantasy, magical, plot, predictions,
Maths – addition, inverse operation, times, divide, multiply
Humanities – mosaic, collage, design, rip, tear, fold.
Dames en heren, welkom in het wereldberoemde SDS circus! Deze week wordt er volop geoefend voor onze langverwachte circusshow. De kinderen van year 1 en year 2 vertonen hun beste circuskunsten in hun eigen versie van het Circus Chapito – verhaal. Hopelijk kunnen jullie er allemaal bij zijn aanstaande donderdag van 16u30 tot 18u in Stage One!
We gaan elke dinsdag met de Nederlandse klas naar de bibliotheek. Gelieve het boek tijdig mee te geven met uw kind. Dank voor uw medewerking hierbij.
Year2 Sea Lion
Topic: My schoolbag-Continued
Key Sentences: 书包里有shu bao li you … …/There are …in my schoolbag.
Homework: Finish worksheet on topic of “My schoolbag”. Please finish homework and return homework book the following Monday.
Year2 Sea Horse
This week we will continue with the topic of body parts. Children will consolidate the new words and sentence patterns by interactive activities.
Year2 Sea Star
Topic: Lesson 2 Food
Key Words: 鸡肉jirou/chicken; 汤 tang/soup; 汉堡包hanbaobao/burger; 米饭 mifan/rice; 面条 miantiao/noodles; 牛排niupai/steak
Homework: Read the words on P14 and sing the song on P16 and do the work sheet in the homework book.