Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Dress up Day - Year 3 will be having a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory dress up day on Tuesday 2 June 2015. We look forward to you dressing up as your favourite character, as a Wonka chocolate bar or perhaps even the character you created in Literacy!
- Nepal Bake Sale – We would like to say a huge thank you to all for your support with the bake sale. It was extremely successful due to the generosity of all involved. The children were very engaged in the process and thoroughly enjoyed selling their goods!
- Jayia’s Animal Rescue and Bow Meow Coin Collection. The coin collection continues until early June when the house who collects the most coins will be awarded with a Doggy Trophy to celebrate their support. Clear your house of 1 yuan coins and support these amazing organisations that help the stray animals in the city. The funds will then be donated to JAR and Bow Meow to support them with the cost incurred through medicating, taking care of and re-housing these animals in need. 1 yuan coins only please!
- The final clothes collection for River of Hearts will begin in the week commencing 1st June. Please feel free to go through wardrobes and clean out closets, donating any unwanted items to be sent to various parts of China to support those in need.
- Key Stage 2 book eXchange. Our wonderful book eXchange is open every Monday and Friday lunch time for your Book Worms to drop by and exchange their latest book eXchange book!
- Joining is easy: Just donate 2 good quality books suitable for Key Stage 2 readers and your child will receive a Membership Booklet; all languages are welcome
- Remember: Loose Change for an eXchange; children are encouraged to donate a few coins each time they exchange a book. All money collected will be used to buy much needed books for the Migrant School.
In Literacy this week, we will be starting a new unit on Shape Poetry and Calligrams. The children will read and reflect on these types of poems, discussing what they like and dislike, how the poems make them feel and what images they evoke. The children will also recap on features of poems such as rhyme and alliteration. At the end of the week, they will be given the opportunity to write their own shape poem using these poetic devices.
In Maths the children will be consolidating their understanding of angles. They will be learning to recognise angles as a property of shape and associate angles with turning.
The children will also be identifying right angles and deciding whether angles are greater than or less than a right angle.
The children will be continuing their focus on Science this week. They will continue to look at variables and run different investigations to find out the effect of changing a single variable. Through these experiments the children will be describing their observations, recording results in tables and graphs, comparing their results and drawing conclusions.
The children will be working as teams, supporting each other’s learning by sharing their opinions, ideas and previous knowledge.
Literacy – poem, shape, alliteration, rhyme, syllable, calligram, feelings, images, evoked
Maths– angle, degrees, acute, obtuse, reflex, right angle, greater, less
Themed Learning – fair test, variable, controlled variable, independent variable, unfair test, change, predict, conclude, justify, investigate, observe
Alle leerlingen van KS2 zijn keihard aan het werk aan de ‘Hoe-overleef-ik-Azië-gids’ zodat ook u hem van de zomer mee kunt nemen op uw Aziëavontuur!
Year 3 focust zich op het culinaire gedeelte, waarbij recepten worden geschreven, maar ook eetweetjes met u gedeeld zullen worden. Year 4 richt de aandacht vooral op het dierenrijk en de landenkennis. Year 5 neemt u mee op reis in uw fantasie: ze schrijven een fantasieverhaal om de uurtjes in het vliegtuig te doden. Ook delen ze al hun survivaltips met u. Year 6 interviewt Aziëexperts (zit u ertussen?) en onderzoekt de AziëTops (topplekken, tophotels, topeten, etc.). Ook zullen zij u vermaken met hun mooiste reisverhalen. ‘
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Samsom
To continue the work on our body’s, food and drinks. Homework: to practise our food/drink vocab
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Sutton
Next week children will be presenting their mini projects.
Homework is Linguascope, consolidation of the topics covered.
Year 3 / 4 French – Mrs Rae
On Monday, we shall be cooking crepes! The children will then write instructions for how to make crepes, using the vocabulary taught.
Homework: Children complete the worksheet. What French food words sound similar to English words? Match the correct word to the picture.