4U class assembly: Monday 19 October at 1.45 - 2.30 pm. We would love it if parents could come and join us!
- ECA/BISCAP - Please inform the class teacher via a note in your child’s Communication Book if your child’s arrangements change for BISCAP, ECA or end of the day pick up. As changes involve a disruption to normal routines this helps us support you in getting your child home safely.
- Lunch - If your child has been registered and leaves school after 9.30 Sleto will still charge for lunch unless they know in advance. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you know your child will not be in school for lunch by 9.30 so that you are not charged.
- Security - Our new security system is still at the trial stage. Adults only should use the glass gates to enter and exit the school; children should use the metal gates to the side. If you are concerned that your child is young and you want to be with them then please accompany them through the metal gates. Thank you for your support.
- Uniform - Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. Girls should wear plain white socks and boys should wear black or grey socks. You can review the school’s uniform policy at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/our-students/student-life/our-school-uniform
- Snack box and Water bottles - Please remember to send in and label your child’s snack box and water bottle. Parent Helpers: We are always grateful for parents who are willing to come in to help read with children, help in the Dinner Hall, make resources etc. Please let your class teacher know if you are available.
- Lunches - Please be aware that SLETO take the numbers for lunches from the school register at 9.30am every day. If you are taking your child out of school after 9.30am please inform SLETO in advance so that you are not charged on that day.
- After School Contact System - New information about this has been added to the website to help at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/after-school-contact-system. Please ensure that your child’s class teacher is aware of any changes to regular going home arrangements early in the day by writing details in your child’s Communication Book.
The children will be studying ‘The Iron Man’ by Ted Hughes and exploring the features of narrative writing. They will emapthise with the characters of the book and discuss what their emotions would be at different points and what they might say. The will wirte diary entries from different perspactives.
The children will be finding clues in order to predict what may happen by looking at details that are stated and implied. They shall discuss previous reading and experiences in order to help them uncover what will happen next and begin to consider the motives of the characters.
The theme for maths this week is 2D shapes with a focus on symmetry. We will be looking at the properties of shapes and using mathematical vocabulary to group and describe them. We will also compare the different types of triangle and will need to know the names used to describe them. We will have lots of fun with mirrors when we move on to investigating symmetry. They will use mirrors to find the lines of symmetry in shapes and then to help them to complete symmetrical shapes of their own.
The children will be continuing their Electrical Toy projects. This week, they will be finalising their plans and beginning to construct! The key part of this will be the materials which they use and the realistic nature of the designs – so far, we have had some very ambitious ideas! The important of teamwork and cooperation will be continued to be stressed throughout the project. Please see the note in Themed homework this week regarding materials for the project.
In Art students will be exploring fantasy worlds. They will use chalk and pastels to create their own fantasy worlds based on common features of existing art work.
Students will be looking at how they should handle their feelings in different situations.
Literacy – narrative, description, simile, speech marks, inverted commas, dramatise,
Maths – symmetry, equaltatrial, isocles and scalene.
Themed Learning – Construct, realistic, process, mistakes, adapt, review, feedback, flexible
Dames en Heren, Hooggeëerd publiek...!
Alles wat met circus te maken zal de komende weken de revue passeren: functies en beroepen, een circusverhaal, krantenartikelen over het failliete Circus Renz, een actieplan om het circus te redden... We lezen het boek De dikke bende van de Korenwolf en de vondst van het stiekeme circus.
Denkt u op maandag (Y3 , Y5, Y6) of vrijdag (Y4) aan het biebboek en de Estafettemap?
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Caldwell
The children will be learning to describe animals using their previous knowledge.
Their homework will be to consolidate this skill by describing pictures of set animals.
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Sutton
This week we have been consolidating everything we have learnt so far. We started a new topic looking at different countries and talking about where we are from. We will continue this next week. Homework is to complete the worksheet on countries
Year 3 / 4 French – Miss Rae
Next week we will be consolidating our work on colours and items found in the classroom. We will learn the colours of the rainbow song in French.
Homework: Can you rearrange the letters of the words to find the colours in French?
Year 4 French: Miss Wood /Ms Lawler
The class have been recapping the first unit of Rigolo. We have looked at how to tell the time and how to tell people what we are doing. We have also recapped French celebrations. We have continued to practice numbers and students learnt how to count to 79. Next week we will continue to recap past units. This will include the weather. For homework this week students need to use their understanding of basic numbers and the time.
Topic: Lesson 11 Three Meals a Day
Key Words: 中餐zhong can/Chinese dish；西餐xi can/Western dish；早餐zao can/breakfast；午餐wu can/lunch；晚餐wan can/dinner；一般yi ban/normally
Homework: worksheet of the topic of this topic
Topic: Countries, Languages (Text 2)-Continued
The students will be able to use the key words of Text 2 to share the languages they can speak.
Homework: A poster based on the information given on P6 (workbook sheet).
Topic: Lesson 4.Date
This week we will review the topic of date.
Homework: Worksheet for writing complete sentences to express the date.