- Term 1 ECAs/BISCAP/BISS LIONS swimming finish on 6 December.
- ECA/BISCAP/BISSLIONS Swimming Term 2: Registration will open online on Monday 30 November and close on Monday 7 December.
- After School Contact System - New information about this has been added to the website to help at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/after-school-contact-system. Please ensure that your child’s class teacher is aware of any changes to regular going home arrangements early in the day by writing details in your child’s Communication Book.
- Uniform - Now that it is colder in the mornings please remember that children should not be wearing leggings, boots or hoodies. They should be wearing school jumpers/cardigans/fleeces and NOT non-uniform versions. Information is available on the Primary Parent Handbook on the website.
- Uniform sale: We will be having a Used Uniform Stall as part of the upcoming PTA Christmas Fair being held in school on Saturday 28 November. Please bring any clean, good quality, old uniforms to the Primary Reception over the next few weeks. Y12 will be running the stall with the support of parents and proceeds will go towards their fundraising.
- KS2 book eXchange - Our book eXchange is now open every Tuesday and Thursday lunch time for children to come and borrow, share, exchange, read and talk about books. Please encourage your child to join the book exchange by donating 2 good quality books which they have already enjoyed OR by reminding your children who are already members to come and choose a book!
Exploring persuasive texts and adverts, the children will put their sales skills to the test to produce an advert campaign for their newly designed cars. Exciting writer’s techniques, powerful language and attractive appearance will all have to be considered and planned to produce an eye catching and enticing advert to sell the cars to the public. But what message is their advert trying to give? Are they a luxurious, high end product or do they want to appeal to the masses?
In maths this week we are planning a trip to the Moon to design our own Lunar Theme Park! There are so many opportunities for maths with this week-long project! We will be working as part of a team, all with vital roles, and will be judged on our skills to work as a team. We will have a budget to stick to and will need to build essentials as well as some exciting rides, calculating the cost as we go. We will be keeping accounts of the running costs and working out the profit and loss of the business. The team will also be in charge of advertising their theme park so will be rated on the effectiveness of their advert which in turn generates their revenue. This should be a fun, interactive way of achieving our multiplication maths objectives for the week, so watch this ‘space’!
As we approach Christmas, the children will be using various parts of their Science knowledge to create Christmas related items to use for investigations. These will include looking at shadows and freezing! It will also continue to give them an insight into some of the processes which inventors go through in their work.
Literacy – persuade, fact, opinion, entice, appeal, convince, induce
Maths – Multiply by, product of, times, at this rate, total, revenue, profit, loss
Themed Learning – Investigate, Plan, Shadow. Freeze, Change of State
Vol verwachting klopt ons hart... Zou de Sint ook dit jaar Shanghai Dutch School verblijden met een bezoek? We zullen er op vrijdag 4 december achterkomen. Van 3:30 – 5:30 pm vieren we het sinterklaasfeest op school. Vanaf 5:30 pm is iedereen van harte welkom om het feest voort te zetten op een locatie in de buurt van school. Informatie volgt in een aparte e-mail.
Het onderwijs in KS2 richt zich deze week op Sinterklaas en dichten.
Denkt u op maandag (Y3 , Y5, Y6) of donderdag (Y4) aan het biebboek en de Estafettemap? Estafette levert alleen het gewenste resultaat op als u uw zoon/dochter controleert tijdens het lezen van Vloeiend&Vlot en als maatje tijdens het maken van het werkboek.
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Caldwell
The children will revise the rooms of the house/items in each room. They will practise asking each other where things are and discussing the pronunciation of the new vocabulary learned. Homework will be to revise previous learning.
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Sutton
Next week we will be continuing with our animal topic. Homework is to describe an animal of your choice. It could be a drawing you have done or a picture you have printed. Use the word bank to help you.
Year 3 / 4 French – Mrs Rae
Next week in French we will begin a new unit on animals.’ We will learn the names of different household pets and other animals.
Homework this week is to complete the worksheet on days of the week.
Year 3/ 4 French: Miss Wood / Ms Lawler
Next week in French students will be using IPads and existing French vocabulary to plan and create a drama scene using French introductions and descriptions. For homework they are to label a character using description vocabulary.
Year3/4/5/6 Tiger/ Horse/Monkey/Panda
There will be a Mid-Term General Progress Assessment this week.