- BISCAP/PE/Swimming: We are so excited going to our specialist lessons and BISCAP classes. Help us to keep all your child’s belongings safe by naming everything clearly with name and class. Remember to bring your school P.E kit to change into when it is time for P.E.
- Family Library time: the main school Library on the 3rd floor is open on Monday and Tuesday evening after school every week for parents to share and borrow books.
- Early Years library – now open! We are excited to announce that our new library is now ready for customers! The children have enjoyed our new library this week and the children have chosen a book for this week. Please share and enjoy the book with your child and return it in time for next week’s visit.
- School Photographs: SMILE! It’s school photo time. The Reception Cubs will have their photos taken on Thursday 14 September during the morning. Please help us to make sure your child looks smart in their uniform for the photo.
- Registration for the HSK (Chinese Proficiency Test) is now open to adults and students. The HSK test will be held on Saturday 11 November 2017. Please see the attached registration form for information. Full documentation and payment for HSK test must be received by Monday 9 October 2017.
LEARNING THEME: “Changes…”
We will be using our Scientist’s eyes for looking carefully, and will be testing them this week by noticing changes to different materials and substances in our classroom. We will look at patterns with shapes in the classroom and the world at large, as well as spotting things which we can change by growing them, mixing them together, cutting them up and joining them together.
square, rectangle, triangle, circle, long, short, sides, corners, change, different, same, investigate, explore, describe
COMMUNICATION & LANGUAGE
We will be continue developing our talk in small groups, pairs and the larger group. We will model what good listening looks like. This will give children who are new to English the opportunity to practise speaking with teachers and friends, using new words that we have learnt in a sentence. It will give children who are more confident in English or native speakers the opportunity to develop listening skills and work on questioning e.g. ‘how has it changed? Is it the same? How is it different?’ We will help them to recall the answer and share it in the group.
PERSONAL, SOCIAL & EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
We are continuing to develop our relationships with our friends in class, as well as the adults we work with. We are sharing toys together and using our words to tell someone to ‘Stop! I don’t like it’ if we need to. We are also reinforcing ways to show kind and gentle hands to our friends.
This week we want to know the children’s ideas behind their creations. They are so busy making pictures, models and acting out with their friends that we want to celebrate what they do. We will encourage them to speak about their work to a teacher or friend.
We will be continuing to build our phonics knowledge, by looking at different letter shapes and saying the sounds they make. We will be reinforcing the sounds: s a t p i n to reinforce blending skills. Help your child by saying the sounds quickly then slowly showing them how you are making word. Words you can make e.g. sat, sit, pat, in etc…
We loved learning about shapes last week and we will continue to look at them and spot different features of different shapes. We will learn to talk about them using the words different and same.
We will continue talking about the body ,using the five senses to explore the world.
Head,shoulders ,knees and toes 头，肩膀，膝盖和脚 (tou,jianbang,xigai he jiao)
We will do science experiment by using different objects to know how important the five senses are.
see 看 (kan) smell 闻 (wen ) listen 听 (ting) taste 尝 (chang ) touch 摸(mo )
Have a look/taste.... 看一看/尝一尝 …. (kan yi kan/ chang yi chang )
Met de komst van Moos verdiepen we ons in de wereld van de baby’s. Hoe zien baby’s eruit bij de geboorte? Had jij veel haar? Kunnen baby’s lopen? We leren hoe we een baby vasthouden en verzorgen. We nodigen juf Chris en Moos uit en brengen alles in gereedheid voor een geboortefeestje Hopelijk brengt Moos ons deze week een bezoekje en kunnen we een echte baby van dichtbij bewonderen!
In Villa Letterpret oefenen we woorden die beginnen met de ‘ b’ van baby Moos!
de baby, de fles, verzorgen, wiegen, huilen, de fopspeen, de luier, beschuit, muisjes